Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split list of files into an array and pass to function Post 302931414 by LMHmedchem on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 02:26:06 AM
Old 01-13-2015
Split list of files into an array and pass to function

There are two parts to this. In the first part I need to read a list of files from a directory and split it into 4 arrays. I have done that with the following code,
Code:
# collect list of file names
STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES=($(ls  './'$SET'/'$FOLD'/'*'in.txt'))
# get number of files
NUM_INPUT_FILES=${#STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES[@]}

# get size of each subset
PROC_SIZE=$((NUM_INPUT_FILES / 4))
# create array start and stop positions
let "START2 = $PROC_SIZE+1"; let "STOP2 = $START2+$PROC_SIZE"; 
let "START3 = $STOP2+1"; let "STOP3 = $START3+$PROC_SIZE";
let "START4 = $STOP3+1"

# create 4 arrays, each wiht 25% of filenames
NUM_FILE_LISTS='4'
FILE_LIST_0=("${STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES[@]:0:$PROC_SIZE}")
FILE_LIST_1=("${STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES[@]:$START2:$STOP2}")
FILE_LIST_2=("${STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES[@]:$START3:$STOP3}")
FILE_LIST_3=("${STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES[@]:$START4:$NUM_INPUT_FILES}")

This is not very elegant, but I think it has the list split up

Next, I need to pass each of the 4 lists to a bash function, but I can't seem to find a reasonable syntax for doing that. Suggestions would be appreciated.

LMHmedchem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we pass array with call by value in function

I want to pass an array in my function, And my function will be changing the elements of the array in the fuction, but it should not affect the values in my array variable of main function (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithpr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array split function & hashes

Hi, If this is the array that is being returned to me: How would I get the values for each of the 3 records? This works for 1 Record: foreach $item (@results) { ($id, $id2, $name, $date, $email) = split(/\|/, $item, 5); print "$name<br>"; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novera
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array from SHELL to C function

Hi, I have an output generated from a shell script like; 0x41,0xF2,0x59,0xDD,0x86,0xD3,0xEF,0x61,0xF2 How can I pass this value to the C function, as below; int main(int argc, char *argv) { unsigned char hellopdu={above value}; } Regards Elthox (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elthox
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and split the list of files with suffiz of seg**

Hi,. I am writing a script to get the new files and split them. Requirement Find the new files under the path "/wload/scmp/app/data/OAS" (There are 5 sub folders). Gunzip the files which are having .gz suffix. Put the list of files in the filename in the format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satish Shettar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file and access that files through array and loop

Hi All, the below is my requirement.. i need to split the file based on line and put that files in a array and need to access that files through loop finally i should send the files through mail.. how can we achieve this ..I am new to shell script please guide me.. I am using KSH.. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array to a function in shell script.?

hi, I have a array say SAP_ARRAY="s1.txt" SAP_ARRAY="s2.txt" how can i pass this full array to a function. here is the sample code i am using.. CHECK_NO_FILES() { FARRAY=$1 echo "FARRAY = $FARRAY" echo "FARRAY = $FARRAY" ............... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sorting -- how to pass an array to a function

Hi, guys I just wanted to sort the elements of an array ascendingly. I know the following code does work well: array=(13 435 8 23 100) for i in {0..4} do j=$((i+1)) while ] do if } -le ${array} ]] then : else min=${array} ${array}=${array} ${array}=$min fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file

Hello, I need to collect some statistical results from a series of files that are being generated by other software. The files are tab delimited. There are 4 different sets of statistics in each file where there is a line indicating what the statistic set is, followed by 5 lines of values. It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass and read an array in ksh shell script function.?

I'm able to read & print an array in varaible called "filelist" I need to pass this array variable to a function called verify() and then read and loop through the passed array inside the function. Unfortunately it does not print the entire array from inside the funstion's loop. #/bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)					       Coin						 SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)

NAME
SoPrimitiveVertexCache - SYNOPSIS
Inherits SoCache. Public Types enum Arrays { NORMAL = 0x01, TEXCOORD = 0x02, COLOR = 0x04, ALL = (NORMAL|TEXCOORD|COLOR) } Public Member Functions SoPrimitiveVertexCache (SoState *state) virtual ~SoPrimitiveVertexCache () void renderTriangles (SoState *state, const int arrays=ALL) const void renderLines (SoState *state, const int arrays=ALL) const void renderPoints (SoState *state, const int array=ALL) const void addTriangle (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v0, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v1, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v2, const int *pointdetailidx=NULL) void addLine (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v0, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v1) void addPoint (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v) int getNumVertices (void) const const SbVec3f * getVertexArray (void) const const SbVec3f * getNormalArray (void) const const SbVec4f * getTexCoordArray (void) const const SbVec2f * getBumpCoordArray (void) const const uint8_t * getColorArray (void) const int getNumTriangleIndices (void) const const GLint * getTriangleIndices (void) const int32_t getTriangleIndex (const int idx) const SbBool colorPerVertex (void) const const SbVec4f * getMultiTextureCoordinateArray (const int unit) const int getNumLineIndices (void) const const GLint * getLineIndices (void) const int getNumPointIndices (void) const const GLint * getPointIndices (void) const void fit (void) void depthSortTriangles (SoState *state) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description The SoPrimitiveVertexClass is used to cache generated triangles. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SoPrimitiveVertexCache::SoPrimitiveVertexCache (SoState *state) Constructor. SoPrimitiveVertexCache::~SoPrimitiveVertexCache () [virtual] Destructor. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)