Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO "Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5 Post 302931412 by dj_Italian on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 02:06:48 AM
Old 01-13-2015
Thank you Don for your prompt reply, no I have not made any backup copies or duplicates of the source files. As attached is a picture of the file space.c with the date going back to Dec 2007.

Could it be because I am running in Single User Mode ? or unregistered SCO software?

Just tried again running in Init level 2 with the same symptoms.

what does the space.c and space.o files do?
"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5-2015-01-13_173019jpg
"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5-2015-01-13_174523jpg
"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5-2015-01-13_174543jpg
"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5-2015-01-13_175141jpg
"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5-2015-01-13_175517jpg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Plz. don't ignore this mail "Installing Tomcat 4.1.24.zip on Sco Openserver 5.0.2"

Hi Guys, I want ur replies very very Urgently.Plz. don't ignore this mail. I am using Sco openserver 5.0.2 and i have downloaded jdk1.2.2 for that i have installed it.The jdk is working fine. Then i download jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24.zip and i have installed it. In order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthu_m
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"unexpected end of file" when I´m use EOF inside block if

I have a trouble in my script when i use EOF inside block if. If i use EOF whitout block if I don´t have problem. Guys any ideas? Sorry for my terrible English. #!/bin/sh set -xv HOST='ftp.fiction.com.br' USER='fictionuser' PASS='fictionpass' FILE='ftpteste.txt' busca=`find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 85: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to resolve unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' error

Hi, can someone kindly look into my copy script and figure out why am i getting a "unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' error message #!/bin/ksh -x cd /home/goldenga/test/flag37 if ; then rm copied.ok cd /home/goldenga/test Upper=`ls -t|grep 'qw*'|cut -d "w" -f 2|head... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDalal007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while loooking for matching '"

Hi everyone, I'm really new in shell scripting and having trouble resolving this error. Can someone please tell me why I'm getting these errors? Error Message: ./test.sh: line 50: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' ./test.sh: line 53: syntax error: unexpected end of file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonirang
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In awk: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I am trying to get grep with awk command into variable. But facing error. Could someone pls help. $ cat test_file DEPLOYMENT="abc" # com cluster="bcn" $ grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F "\"" '{ print $2 }' abc $ a=`echo "grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F \"\\\"\" '{ print $2 }'"` ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
6 Replies
backup(1M)																backup(1M)

NAME
backup - backup or archive file system SYNOPSIS
[-archive] DESCRIPTION
The command uses find(1) and cpio(1) to save a archive of all files that have been modified since the modification time of on the default tape drive should be invoked periodically to ensure adequate file backup. The option suppresses warning messages regarding optional access control list entries. backup(1M) does not backup optional access control list entries in a file's access control list (see acl(5)). Normally, a warning message is printed for each file having optional access control list entries. The option causes backup to save all files, regardless of their modification date, and then update using touch(1). prompts you to mount a new tape and continue if there is no more room on the current tape. Note that this prompting does not occur if you are running from cron(1M). The option causes to start a file system consistency check (without correction) after the backup is complete. For correct results, it is important that the system be effectively single-user while is running, especially if is allowed to automatically fix whatever inconsisten- cies it finds. does not ensure that the system is single-user. You can edit to customize it for your system. Several local values are used that can be customized: specifies which directories to back up recursively (usually meaning all directories); file name where start and finish times, block counts, and error messages are logged; file name whose date is the date of the last archive; file name that is checked by to remind the next person who logs in to change the backup tape; file name where start and finish times and output is logged. You may want to make other changes, such as whether or not does automatic correction (according to its arguments), where output is directed, other information logging, etc. In all cases, the output from is a normal archive file (or volume) which can be read using with the option. File Recovery creates archive tapes with all files and directories specified relative to the root directory. When recovering files from an archive tape created by you should be in the root directory and specify the directory path names for recovered files relative to the root directory When specifying the directory path name for file recovery by do not precede the leading directory name with a slash. If you prefer, you can also use with a option to determine how files and directories are named on the archive tape before attempting recovery. WARNINGS
Refer to in cpio(1). When runs out of tape, it sends an error to standard error and demands a new special file name from To continue, rewind the tape, mount the new tape, type the name of the new special file at the system console, and press If is being run unattended from cron(1M) and the tape runs out, terminates, leaving the process still waiting. Kill this process when you return. FILES
parameterized file names SEE ALSO
cpio(1), find(1), touch(1), cron(1M), fbackup(1M), frecover(1M), fsck(1M), acl(5). backup(1M)