Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print if found non-desired result Post 302931220 by anil510 on Monday 12th of January 2015 02:36:51 AM
Old 01-12-2015
I have found the solution.

Code:
multimalcron=`grep -rl  maldet /etc/cron* | grep -v maldet_daily`

if [ "$(echo $multimalcron)" ]; then
                echo " Multiple maldet cron found: echo $multimalcron"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print a function result in new file

Hi, i have a function which return a variable . serach ( paramatere) when i excute this function i get the result in the shell, i want to print this result in a file by calling just the function. how can i do it.. the code example is like that: search ( ) { .. } the call... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out result from data file

i got a data file which contains all the pid,ppid,user,command,pcpu,start_time,status. I wanted to display out the pcpu which is greater than 0. i uses awk'{if($5 > 0){print}}' filename.txt but is printing out result which not i wanted. Is there any way which i can print out those pcpu which is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thms_sum
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use the print result of a script as an argument

Hi all, Say I have a script named script.sh. What it does is to print a line like "abc" #! /usr/bin/ksh print "abc" I would like to pass this value to an external variable, var1="script.sh" However when I echo $var1 I got "script.sh" itself instead of the result? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me in getting the desired result

Hi All, I have input file which is pipe delimited A | 1 B | 2 c | 3I need output of displaying total number of lines in a file as last column. A | 1 | 3-----total number of linesin file. B | 2 | 3 c | 3 | 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinashwin
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the line from the file in the desired format:?

I am reading a file of Linux ( like mentioned below) & the data is represented in a single line like mentioned below: 11/03 4:00 39992 0.098 5.195 0.034 0.001 1.091 182 0.000 0 0.071 4.252 0.033 0.001 666.53 Now i want to print the result in other file something like this :- 39992... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Value between desired html tag

Hi, I have a html line as below :-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print result of mv -n

I am trying to move files which donot have same filename using find /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/new_dir -type f -mmin +"$HRS" -exec mv -n "{}" /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/old_dir \; -print but i am getting all filenames including the ones with duplicate names.Please help me to sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split command to get the desired result

Dear all, I am using the awk 'split' command to get the particular value. FILE=InputFile_009_0.txt Temp=$(echo $FILE | awk '{split($FILE, a, "e_"); print a}') I would like to have the Temp take the value as : _009_0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in solving to obtain desired print output using awk or perl or any commands, Please help!!

I have an file which have data in lines as follows ad, findline=24,an=54,ab=34,av=64,ab=7989,ab65=34,aj=323,ay=34,au=545,ad=5545 ab,abc,an10=23,an2=24,an31=32,findline=00,an33=23,an32=26,an40=45,ac23=5,ac=87,al=76,ad=26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepKrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get or print specific value in result

i am executing below code to achive my result, but for second row the value is not coming it should come URL like other two . url start with http:// and end with .xhtml cat FILE | grep 'Test failed' | awk -F',' '{print $3,$8,$12}' INPUT 1517679173303,84,SKILLED LANGUAGE - ENTER... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
11 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)