Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users A hexdumper using echo only... Post 302931166 by sea on Sunday 11th of January 2015 09:53:54 AM
Old 01-11-2015
Just figured the red marked dots within the loop might be misleading...
The 'skiped' content there was deleted.

If that doesnt help to clear up, we're at the same stage of question. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo with \n

Hi, When I do /usr/ucb/echo "message \n" in bone shell program , \n never works as new line feeder. It just showed it as part of my message. Is there something wrong with my system? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does echo ^[[r do?

I tried echo ^[[r and it takes the cursor to first line in the telnet window... and echo ^[[32m changes font color to green .... Also echo ^[[00ff takes cursor to first command line in the current window (Note : ^ is entered as Ctrl + V and first [ as Escape character) Wud like to know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between using "echo" builtin and /bin/echo

So in my shell i execute: { while true; do echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line This waits one second and returns. But { while true; do /bin/echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line continues to run, and doesn't stop until i kill it explicitly. I have tried this in bash as well as zsh,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Echo

Hi All, Need help in resoving the issue . Can anyone let me know how to get fix length using unix shellscript. For Ex: echo "NUMBER OF RECORDS "${NO_OF_ROWS}"\nFILE CREATION DATE&TIME "${PROD_DT}" output should be : NUMBER OF RECORDS 2546 CREATIN DATE&TIME 2009-12-01 Each... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samtel
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to correctly use an echo inside an echo?

Bit of a weird one i suppose, i want to use an echo inside an echo... For example... i have a script that i want to use to take users input and create another script. Inside this script it creates it also needs to use echos... echo "echo "hello"" >$file echo "echo "goodbye"" >$file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with echo

Hi Guys, I need to print a value in the same line , But when we use the echo instead the loops (while), the value goes to the next line.. Can you help me in this.. Thanks For your help in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

With that logic this echoes "echo". Question about echo!

echo `echo ` doesn't echoes anything. And it's logic. But echo `echo `echo ` ` does echoes "echo". What's the logic of it? the `echo `echo ` inside of the whole (first) echo, echoes nothing, so the first echo have to echo nothing but echoes "echo" (too much echoing :P):o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh - understanding difference between "echo string" and "echo string > /dev/stdout"

I came across and unexpected behavior with redirections in tcsh. I know, csh is not best for redirections, but I'd like to understand what is happening here. I have following script (called out_to_streams.csh): #!/bin/tcsh -f echo Redirected to STDOUT > /dev/stdout echo Redirected to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcink
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between echo `ls -l` and echo "`ls -l`" ?

Hi guys, Been messing around with shell programming for a couple of days and I found something that was pretty odd in the behavior of the echo command. Below is an example-: When I type the following in my /home directory from my lxterminal in Debian-: echo "`ls -l`" I get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python hexdumper with a difference.

Hi guys... I haven't done any real Python code since I started messing with Shell Scripting in January 2012 when I started AudioScope. Well I fished a little project out of my ANCIENT AMIGA files which created a raw hexdump of any binary file within reason for a stock A1200(HD). Well... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
clear clearinghouse(1m) 												   clear clearinghouse(1m)

NAME
clear clearinghouse - Removes knowledge of the specified clearinghouse from the server's memory SYNOPSIS
cdscp clear clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENTS
clearinghouse-name The full name of the clearinghouse. DESCRIPTION
The clear clearinghouse command removes knowledge of the specified clearinghouse from the server's memory. The clearinghouse files are not deleted. This ensures that the clearinghouse is not automatically enabled on server restarts. If you issue a list clearinghouse command, the clearinghouse will be listed. Before you can delete a cleared clearinghouse, you must use the create clearinghouse command to recreate it. After recreating the clear- inghouse, you can use the delete clearinghouse command to remove it. This command is part of the process of relocating a clearinghouse. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the server on which the clearinghouse resides. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command clears the clearinghouse /.:/Paris2_CH before moving it to another server: cdscp> clear clearinghouse /.:/Paris2_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide Commands: create clearinghouse(1m), delete clearinghouse(1m), list clearinghouse(1m), set cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show clearinghouse(1m) clear clearinghouse(1m)