Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert rootvg to scalable
Operating Systems AIX Convert rootvg to scalable Post 302931087 by omonoiatis9 on Saturday 10th of January 2015 07:50:57 AM
Old 01-10-2015
thank you both solutions seems very good.
i think the easiest way is just create a link from the directory under /var and /opt or just mount a separate file system like you said. thats the easiest and fastest way to do it. i would like to avoid an mksysb restore.

Last edited by omonoiatis9; 01-10-2015 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: correction

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

4. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
COPYFS-MOUNT(1) 						   User Commands						   COPYFS-MOUNT(1)

NAME
copyfs-mount - mounts a versioned file system SYNOPSIS
copyfs-mount version-directory mount-point DESCRIPTION
This script lets you mount a CopyFS file system. version-directory is the directory where the files and version information will be stored by CopyFS. When using CopyFS for the first time, copyfs-mount will create the required files in the version-directory before running copyfs-daemon. mount-point is the directory where the copyfs file system will be mounted. This is where the users will have access to the files. If you want to mount a CopyFS at '/mnt/fs', whose version directory is at /var/versions, you would use: root@host# copyfs-mount /var/versions /mnt/fs To unmount it, simply do: root@host# umount /mnt/fs As you would do for any other filesystem. You can also allow an ordinary non-root users to mount and unmount CopyFS filesystems provided that the user is added to the 'fuse' group. Ordinary users will be able unmount the filesystem, using the fusermount command: $ fusermount -u mount-point AUTHORS
CopyFS was created by Thomas Joubert and Nicolas Vigier <boklm@mars-attacks.org> LINKS
<http://n0x.org/copyfs/> CopyFS web site. <http://fuse.sourceforge.net/> FUSE - Filesystem in USErspace SEE ALSO
copyfs(1), copyfs-fversion(1), copyfs-daemon(1), fusermount(1) copyfs-mount May 2008 COPYFS-MOUNT(1)