Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Linking Error: invalid DSO for symbol Post 302931013 by AntumDeluge on Friday 9th of January 2015 11:33:23 AM
Old 01-09-2015
wxgtk defines the "main" function:
Code:
#include "main.h"
#include "abc.h"

IMPLEMENT_APP(App)

bool App::OnInit()
{
    MainWindow *frame = new MainWindow(_T(""));
    frame->Show(true);
    SetTopWindow(frame);

return true;
}

There must be a bug in the wxgtk2.8 build for FreeBSD. Guess it's time to start porting to wxgtk3.0 anyway. :-\

I'll try doing a custom build of wxgtk2.8.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache + DSO PHP

Hello, guys! I have a web server that uses PHP as DSO. Do you know any tool that can help me monitoring the CPU usage for any domain/subdomain that is hosted on this server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

6. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

8. Programming

C program multiple definition error during linking time

Hi, I have the following files: // file.hvoid foo(); int i = 5; // should be just declared as extern int i; // file1.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" void foo() { i = 10; printf("%d\n", i); } // file2.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" int main() { foo(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
9 Replies

9. Linux

Help with Linux linking error

Hi, Currently I am migrating codes from unix to Linux. When doing linking(ld) getting the below error. Error is :ld: invalid BFD target `--shared' Providing the script of the ld: ld -b -G -o lib/libatk.so ./src/atk_db.o ./src/atk_gcl.o ./src/atk_options.o ./src/atk_exception.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrkar
1 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 PERLFREEBSD(1)