Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Linking Error: invalid DSO for symbol Post 302931002 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of January 2015 10:34:16 AM
Old 01-09-2015
"Invalid DSO" can sometimes mean "symbol not found" these days. I got that error while linking -lssl but not linking -lcrypto too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache + DSO PHP

Hello, guys! I have a web server that uses PHP as DSO. Do you know any tool that can help me monitoring the CPU usage for any domain/subdomain that is hosted on this server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

6. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

8. Programming

C program multiple definition error during linking time

Hi, I have the following files: // file.hvoid foo(); int i = 5; // should be just declared as extern int i; // file1.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" void foo() { i = 10; printf("%d\n", i); } // file2.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" int main() { foo(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
9 Replies

9. Linux

Help with Linux linking error

Hi, Currently I am migrating codes from unix to Linux. When doing linking(ld) getting the below error. Error is :ld: invalid BFD target `--shared' Providing the script of the ld: ld -b -G -o lib/libatk.so ./src/atk_db.o ./src/atk_gcl.o ./src/atk_options.o ./src/atk_exception.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrkar
1 Replies
DLSYM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  DLSYM(3)

NAME
dlsym -- get address of a symbol SYNOPSIS
#include <dlfcn.h> void* dlsym(void* handle, const char* symbol); DESCRIPTION
dlsym() returns the address of the code or data location specified by the null-terminated character string symbol. Which libraries and bun- dles are searched depends on the handle parameter. If dlsym() is called with a handle, returned by dlopen() then only that image and any libraries it depends on are searched for symbol. If dlsym() is called with the special handle RTLD_DEFAULT, then all mach-o images in the process (except those loaded with dlopen(xxx, RTLD_LOCAL)) are searched in the order they were loaded. This can be a costly search and should be avoided. If dlsym() is called with the special handle RTLD_NEXT, then dyld searches for the symbol in the dylibs the calling image linked against when built. It is usually used when you intentionally have multiply defined symbol across images and want to find the "next" definition. It searches other images for the definition that the caller would be using if it did not have a definition. The exact search algorithm depends on whether the caller's image was linked -flat_namespace or -twolevel_namespace. For flat linked images, the search starts in the load ordered list of all images, in the image right after the caller's image. For two-level images, the search simulates how the static linker would have searched for the symbol when linking the caller's image. If dlsym() is called with the special handle RTLD_SELF, then the search for the symbol starts with the image that called dlsym(). If it is not found, the search continues as if RTLD_NEXT was used. If dlsym() is called with the special handle RTLD_MAIN_ONLY, then it only searches for symbol in the main executable. RETURN VALUES
The dlsym() function returns a null pointer if the symbol cannot be found, and sets an error condition which may be queried with dlerror(). NOTES
The symbol name passed to dlsym() is the name used in C source code. For example to find the address of function foo(), you would pass "foo" as the symbol name. This is unlike the older dyld APIs which required a leading underscore. If you looking up a C++ symbol, you need to use the mangled C++ symbol name. SEE ALSO
dlopen(3) dlerror(3) dyld(3) ld(1) cc(1) August 28, 2008