Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert rootvg to scalable
Operating Systems AIX Convert rootvg to scalable Post 302930973 by omonoiatis9 on Friday 9th of January 2015 03:23:34 AM
Old 01-09-2015
Convert rootvg to scalable

hello everyone, I have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to convert the rootvg to scalable format because i need to increase the size of specific file systems and i cannot do it with its current state. I know that in order to perform this operation the volume group must be varied off so is there a way to do this possible if i boot through service mode? Take also into consideration that rootvg is mirrored also so maybe i will need to break the mirror too or not? Thank you

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

4. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
MKFONTSCALE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    MKFONTSCALE(1)

NAME
mkfontscale - create an index of scalable font files for X SYNOPSIS
mkfontscale [ -b ] [ -s ] [ -o filename ] [ -x suffix ] [ -a encoding ] ... [ -f fuzz ] [ -l ] [ -e directory ] [ -p prefix ] [ -r prefix ] [ -n prefix ] [ -- ] [ directory ] ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, mkfontscale reads all of the scalable font files in the directory. For every font file found, an X11 font name (XLFD) is generated, and is written together with the file name to a file fonts.scale in the directory. The resulting fonts.scale file should be checked and possibly manually edited before being used as input for the mkfontdir(1) program. OPTIONS
-b read bitmap fonts. By default, bitmap fonts are ignored. -s ignore scalable fonts. By default, scalable fonts are read. If -b is set, this flag has the side effect of enabling the reading of fonts.scale files. -o filename send program output to filename; default is fonts.scale if bitmap fonts are not being read, and fonts.dir if they are. If filename is relative, it is created in the directory being processed. If it is the special value -, output is written to standard output. -x suffix exclude all files with the specified suffix. -a encoding add encoding to the list of encodings searched for. -f fuzz set the fraction of characters that may be missing in large encodings to fuzz percent. Defaults to 2%. -l Write fonts.dir files suitable for implementations that cannot reencode legacy fonts (BDF and PCF). By default, it is assumed that the implementation can reencode Unicode-encoded legacy fonts. -e specifies a directory with encoding files. Every such directory is scanned for encoding files, the list of which is then written to an "encodings.dir" file in every font directory. -p Specifies a prefix that is prepended to the encoding file path names when they are written to the "encodings.dir" file. The prefix is prepended literally: if a `/' is required between the prefix and the path names, it must be supplied explicitly as part of the prefix. -r Keep non-absolute encoding directories in their relative form when writing the "encodings.dir" file. The default is to convert rel- ative encoding directories to absolute directories by prepending the current directory. The positioning of this options is signifi- cant, as this option only applies to subsequent -e options. -n do not scan for fonts, do not write font directory files. This option is useful when generating encoding directories only. -- end of options. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xserver(1), mkfontdir(1), ttmkfdir(1), xfs(1), xset(1) NOTES
The format of the fonts.scale, fonts.dir and encodings.dir files is documented in the mkfontdir(1) manual page. Mkfontscale will overwrite any fonts.scale file even if it has been hand-edited. mkfontscale -b -s -l is equivalent to mkfontdir. AUTHOR
The version of mkfontscale included in this X.Org Foundation release was originally written by Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@freedesktop.org> for the XFree86 project. The functionality of this program was inspired by the ttmkfdir utility by Joerg Pommnitz. X Version 11 mkfontscale 1.1.0 MKFONTSCALE(1)