Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Typedef does not work to name a type Post 302930894 by shamrock on Thursday 8th of January 2015 12:42:49 PM
Old 01-08-2015
@achenle:
Embedded spaces in preprocessor #defines are always a cause of confusion and error...however the issue with the OP is one of supplying a compiler statement to a preprocessor...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Conflicting 'typedef' error - Which gcc switch to use?

I am using gcc3.3.5 on solaris2.7. Its a 64 bit compilation I am compiling a file 'plugin.cpp'. It includes mach.h and the complation gives the following error. ----------------------------------------------------------------- mach.h error: conflicting types for `typedef vx_u32_t... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to typedef

I want to declare char ch as ch_9 with the help of the typedef statement. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
1 Replies

3. Programming

typedef struct forward declaration

I've google a bit about this and couldn't find an answer. Actually I read that it can't be done. Basically I've defined the following structure and typedef it as follows. stuct Name { }; typdef struct Name Name. and right after it, defined some API that use it. void blabla(Name*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Beos versions work on AMD64-type PCs?

Preparing to get my first home PC via custom-build shop. It will have three hard disk drives...one to be used only for trial of various OSs. Was hoping to test out Haiku, but according to 'supported architectures' table at Wikipedia ("Comparison of open source operating systems"), it only works on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
3 Replies

5. Programming

typedef help

Hi! This is part of my my code : typedef struct{ int x; char na; char sur; } Stu; typedef struct{ Stu *arr; int size; int sort; } Stus; I want to ask how can i free() the matrix arr. I tried free(arr), free(Stus.arr) and i get errors with gcc. My problem, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Role Name for my type of work

Hi , I am planning for the interview . I am having one question here , I worked on unix and shellscripting for 2 years Done- Ø Coding and testing of Server Monitoring ShellScripts Ø Deployment on UNIX production environment I have written so many shellscripts for monitoring... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation problem with typedef

I am getting confused compiling a program that gives me the following error ../../../tomso/algeb/vector.hpp:19:9: error: ‘Vector' does not name a type typedef Vector<float> Vecflt; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Event driven programming / epoll / typedef union / session data array

Sorry for the “word salad” subject, but I wanted to cast a wide net for help. I've created an IP (Internet Protocol) server which serves HTTP, SMTP, and FTP requests. As you probably know, they all require creating a socket, listening on it, accepting connections, and then having a short... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
3 Replies

9. Programming

Help me to understand strange 'typedef ... ' in some source...

Working on some source I've found some strange declaration in included header file. I am looking for someone's help to understand me that syntax's, as it is fine (it is compiled without any complain,) but for me it seems out of any sense! Acctually, it warning by CC compiler: " Warning: Implicit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)