Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Typedef does not work to name a type Post 302930880 by shamrock on Thursday 8th of January 2015 11:35:47 AM
Old 01-08-2015
The typedef cannot be digested by the preprocessor...it is meant for consumption only by the compiler so replace it with something like...
Code:
#define _G_int32_t int

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Conflicting 'typedef' error - Which gcc switch to use?

I am using gcc3.3.5 on solaris2.7. Its a 64 bit compilation I am compiling a file 'plugin.cpp'. It includes mach.h and the complation gives the following error. ----------------------------------------------------------------- mach.h error: conflicting types for `typedef vx_u32_t... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to typedef

I want to declare char ch as ch_9 with the help of the typedef statement. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
1 Replies

3. Programming

typedef struct forward declaration

I've google a bit about this and couldn't find an answer. Actually I read that it can't be done. Basically I've defined the following structure and typedef it as follows. stuct Name { }; typdef struct Name Name. and right after it, defined some API that use it. void blabla(Name*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Beos versions work on AMD64-type PCs?

Preparing to get my first home PC via custom-build shop. It will have three hard disk drives...one to be used only for trial of various OSs. Was hoping to test out Haiku, but according to 'supported architectures' table at Wikipedia ("Comparison of open source operating systems"), it only works on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
3 Replies

5. Programming

typedef help

Hi! This is part of my my code : typedef struct{ int x; char na; char sur; } Stu; typedef struct{ Stu *arr; int size; int sort; } Stus; I want to ask how can i free() the matrix arr. I tried free(arr), free(Stus.arr) and i get errors with gcc. My problem, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Role Name for my type of work

Hi , I am planning for the interview . I am having one question here , I worked on unix and shellscripting for 2 years Done- Ø Coding and testing of Server Monitoring ShellScripts Ø Deployment on UNIX production environment I have written so many shellscripts for monitoring... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation problem with typedef

I am getting confused compiling a program that gives me the following error ../../../tomso/algeb/vector.hpp:19:9: error: ‘Vector' does not name a type typedef Vector<float> Vecflt; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Event driven programming / epoll / typedef union / session data array

Sorry for the “word salad” subject, but I wanted to cast a wide net for help. I've created an IP (Internet Protocol) server which serves HTTP, SMTP, and FTP requests. As you probably know, they all require creating a socket, listening on it, accepting connections, and then having a short... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
3 Replies

9. Programming

Help me to understand strange 'typedef ... ' in some source...

Working on some source I've found some strange declaration in included header file. I am looking for someone's help to understand me that syntax's, as it is fine (it is compiled without any complain,) but for me it seems out of any sense! Acctually, it warning by CC compiler: " Warning: Implicit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)