Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I write variables to same line of a file? Post 302930782 by xbin on Wednesday 7th of January 2015 10:31:42 AM
Old 01-07-2015
Code:
echo -n "${var1}," >> log_file
echo -n "${var2}," >> log_file

or

printf "${var1}," >> log_file
printf "${var2}," >> log_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write system variables into file

Hi everyone, I was told, i my job, to do a script that creates the backup of all the files that are important to us. So i created the script, put it in the crontab and it works great. Now what i want is to write to a file what directories have being copied with date and time. How can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-write first line of a file before printing

Morning All, Quite a simple one this, I hope. What I want to do is to re-write the first line of a file before it's sent to print. The line will be blank initially, and I want to insert some text. The operation can either be done on the file itself (modifying the file on disk), OR in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write new line at the beginning of an existing file

I was trying to find out the easiest way to write new line to the beginning of an exisiting file. I am using KSH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailussr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write in a file with pipe also in same line

hi, i want to write in a file the output of one command and pile also the same output like ls -lrt > some_file | wc -l (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup two values per line (from a second file) and write the smaller value to another file

Hello Unix Gurus, Please let me know if this is hard to understand and I apologize for my inability to explain better. I have a file "Foo" with the following structure CHR_A BP_A SNP_A CHR_B BP_B SNP_B R2 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
3 Replies

6. Programming

How to write a new line to the end of the file in Perl?

i am very new to Perl. i am using Ubuntu. i have a string call $string that contains following words "new line". i also have a data file as follows. djfibjbet etitrbjijbtr rrge rgjierjegjeri jerijg kijij jijij i want to write my new line to my data file as follows. djfibjbet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write string variables to file

I have the following: #! /bin/bash foo="bar" this="that" vars="foovar=$foo\n\ thisvar=$this\n" I want to write the following to a file: foovar="bar" thisvar="that" Then in another script, I pull this file, and loop through it: while read line; do eval $line done <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

write specific line number in file

dear all, i need your advice i have sample script like this: testing.sh for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done but i forgot create "#!/bin/bash" in above "for" so i want output will like this testing.sh #!/bin/bash for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern and write line into another file

Hi, I have a file which contains the below details.. My requirement is to fetch all the lines which are starting with "ABC_XY_" into 1 file and rest of the lines (not starting with "ABC_XY_") into another file. Could you please help with what command needs to be used? file1.txt ----------... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
12 Replies
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog - log via Syslog SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::PreFork); __PACKAGE__->run( log_file => 'Sys::Syslog', syslog_ident => 'myapp', ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides Sys::Syslog logging to the Net::Server system. CONFIGURATION
log_file To begin using Sys::Syslog logging, simply set the Net::Server log_file configuration parameter to "Sys::Syslog". If the magic name "Sys::Syslog" is used, all logging will take place via the Sys::Syslog module. If syslog is used the parameters "syslog_logsock", "syslog_ident", and "syslog_logopt",and "syslog_facility" may also be defined. syslog_logsock Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either unix, inet, native, console, stream, udp, or tcp, or an arrayref of the types to try. Default is "unix" if the version of Sys::Syslog < 0.15 - otherwise the default is to not call setlogsock. See Sys::Syslog. syslog_ident Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". Id to prepend on syslog entries. Default is "net_server". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_logopt Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either zero or more of "pid","cons","ndelay","nowait". Default is "pid". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_facility Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". See Sys::Syslog and syslog. Default is "daemon". DEFAULT ARGUMENTS FOR Net::Server The following arguments are available in the default "Net::Server" or "Net::Server::Single" modules. (Other personalities may use additional parameters and may optionally not use parameters from the base class.) Key Value Default ## syslog parameters (if log_file eq Sys::Syslog) syslog_logsock (native|unix|inet|udp |tcp|stream|console) unix (on Sys::Syslog < 0.15) syslog_ident "identity" "net_server" syslog_logopt (cons|ndelay|nowait|pid) pid syslog_facility w+ daemon METHODS
"initialize" This method is called during the initilize_logging method of Net::Server. It returns a single code ref that will be stored under the log_function property of the Net::Server object. That code ref takes log_level and message as arguments and calls the initialized log4perl system. "handle_log_error" This method is called if the log_function fails for some reason. It is passed the Net::Server object, the error that occurred while logging and an arrayref containing the log level and the message. In turn, this calls the legacy Net::Server::handle_syslog_error method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)