Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulate the columns of 2 files Post 302930760 by RudiC on Wednesday 7th of January 2015 03:08:45 AM
Old 01-07-2015
Any ideas/attempts from your side?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

manipulate csv file to add columns

Hi, I have a csv file with a key composed by 3 columns and some other numeric fields and I need to obtain the partial amounts by some part of the key. This may be some difficult to understand, so better see an example, where my input file is: name,surname,department,y2004,y2005,y2006... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate files

Hi everybody: I have a problem. I have a output files which have this pattern: number1 --space block1a - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1b - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1c - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space number2 --space block2a - 7rows/10columns/65elements... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to manipulate text in files

Hi, I have a slight problem in trying to manipulate the text within a file using the "sed" command in that the text i need changed has "/" slashes in. I have a .sh script that scans the "/db/sybbackup/" directories for any .dmp file older than 2 days and then to >> the information to a file called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson333
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate columns using sed

Hello, I would like to remove the first column of lines beginning by a character (in my case is an open square bracket) and finishing by a space (or any other delimiter). For example: string1 string2 string3 to string2 string3 I found this previous topic: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stoyanova
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Manipulate and move columns in a file

Hello Unix Gurus, I have a request 2 perform several functions on a file, delete columns, delete rows based on column value, and finally move around columns in the final output. Consider the following input file with 12 columns; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chumsky
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a for loop to manipulate multiple files

Hi, I have 1000 text files in a folder that are labeled data1.txt all the way to data1000.txt. I want to write a small script that manipulates the text files in this way: (1) cut the 2nd and 9th columns of the text files (2) sort by the numerical value in the 9th column (3) then save the rows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to manipulate files

My requirement is explained below: list of files available in server 1 in path /home/xxx/src are: XX_SRC_20130417.txt XX_SRC_20130417.dat $cat XX_SRC_20130417.txt col1=ABC col2= col3=xyza sequence file name is maintained which is in the path /ab_app/xx/seq $cd /ab_app/xx/seq$cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - manipulate data by columns and repeated

Hello good afternoon to everyone. I'm new to the forum and would like to request your help in handling data. I hope my English is clear. I have a file (Dato01.txt) to contine the following structure. # Col1 - Col2 - Col3 - Col4 Patricia started Jun 22 05:22:58 Carolina started Jun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelevra
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)