Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to set up UNIX script to send sms on mobile Post 302930735 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 04:38:48 PM
Old 01-06-2015
SMS means sending an email message to a phone number usually @phonecompany.com

For example vtext.com used to be the verizon SMS address, may still be.

Say phone number is 123 123-4567, and vtext.com is the SMS connection.

Code:
echo "Fatal error on `hostname`" | mailx -s "`hostname` error" 1231234567@vtext.com

You will have to get your telephony guy at your company to give you the part that 'vtext.com' occupies. Our apple phones use the apple appliance and the 'baz' system to email. YMMV. Your telphony guy has to know or know how to find out.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix shell Script To Send SMS

hi , can anyone help with a script to send SMS to some mobile numbers on some conditions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdcoms
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SMS Via Unix Script?

Hi, Is it possible to send sms to a mobile from unix box using Shell Scripting? I really wonder if anyone can help me with some information regarding how to setup the environment if possible. Iam also searching and trying to setup the same. My Environment: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Send SMS from PC to mobile phones

Hi All, Can any expert provide me a guide on how i can send SMS from pc to mobile phone using VBA or some other language ? I am a newbie in networking. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which will run every 10minutes and Send SMS to mobile

Hello Genuis guys, I am running Aix5 and Oracle 9 on it. I have sql query which only count a particular rows. I need to prepare a script which will run that sql query every 10 minutes and if the ouput count is greate than 20. It will send SMS to mobile numbers. Need your kind help to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

7. AIX

send SMS via curl

I need from aix to send an SMS, you know if the command curl serves me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send SMS to mobile

Hello Folks, I need to send the output from shell script to range of mobile phones based on their msisdn . Is there any open source solution could help me to do so from CentOS or redhat ?? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
11 Replies
GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)						   User Commands					    GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)

NAME
gnome-phone-manager - Manage your mobile phone USAGE
gnome-phone-manager [--identify=PORT] [--config=PORT] [-d|--debug] [--display=DISPLAY] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gnome-phone-manager command. gnome-phone-manager is a program created to allow you to control aspects of your mobile phone from your GNOME desktop. Current features include: - Runs in the background; indicates status on the panel notification area, - Display on-screen alert when text message (SMS) arrives, - Text message (SMS) sending facility with Evolution Addressbook integration, - Sync phone clock with the computer's. OPTIONS
Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-gst Show GStreamer Options Application Options: --identify=PORT Show model name of the phone connected to the given PORT which can be a Bluetooth address or a device file --config=PORT Write the configuration file for gnokii debugging of the phone connected to the given PORT which can be a Bluetooth address or a device file -d, --debug Enable debug --display=DISPLAY X display to use SEE ALSO
Homepage: http://live.gnome.org/PhoneManager AUTHOR
gnome-phone-manager was written by Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net> and Edd Dumbill <edd@usefullinc.com> This manual page was written by Francesco Namuri <francesco@namuri.it> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Francesco Namuri June 2011 GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)