Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Any OpenVMS 8.4 Users available? Post 302930730 by amuir on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 03:12:03 PM
Old 01-06-2015
Still supporting OpenVMS 8.4 on Itanium, and looking forward to continuing to support it on x86 once VMS Software Inc completes the port.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. Programming

OpenVMS IPC and TCP/IP Programming

We have a requirement to port applications from Unix to HP Vax OpenVMS Server. For this I need to self-educate on various IPC and networking APIs available in OpenVMS. I goggled a lot but could not find of how to implement Semaphores, Message Queues and all other forms of IPC available in Unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
7 Replies

3. Programming

Porting File from OPenVMS to AIX Unix

We are in requirement to port relative file organization files from OpenVMS V7.1-1H2 to AIX Unix. These file contains multiple binary records each of 512 bytes but it could be possible that a few bytes are padded up to fill the record structure. One of our thought process is to write a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

5. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

upgrade path for Digital Alphastation 200 running openVMS 6.1?

I am not sure here is the right place to post this question. as openvms is under HP's belt now, i guess here might be the right place to try my luck. we have very old machines here which are still running quite well. (APLHASTATION 200 WITH OPENVMS 6.1) the only problem is difficulty of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

OpenVMS forum

Hello admins and moderators, I was just wondering why you never opened an openVMS subforum under Operating Systems section. After all, openVMS is still active. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
File::Spec::VMS(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      File::Spec::VMS(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::VMS - methods for VMS file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::VMS; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec::Unix for a documentation of the methods provided there. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. The mode of operation of these routines depend on the VMS features that are controlled by the DECC features "DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX" and "DECC$EFS_CHARSET". Perl needs to be at least at 5.10 for these feature settings to work. Use of them on older perl versions on VMS will result in unpredictable operations. The default and traditional mode of these routines have been to expect VMS syntax on input and to return VMS syntax on output, even when Unix syntax was given on input. The default and traditional mode is also incompatible with the VMS "EFS", Extended File system character set, and with running Perl scripts under <GNV>, Gnu is not VMS, an optional Unix like runtime environment on VMS. If the "DECC$EFS_CHARSET" feature is enabled, These routines will now accept either VMS or UNIX syntax. If the input parameters are clearly VMS syntax, the return value will be in VMS syntax. If the input parameters are clearly in Unix syntax, the output will be in Unix syntax. This corresponds to the way that the VMS C library routines have always handled filenames, and what a programmer who has not specifically read this pod before would also expect. If the "DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX" feature is enabled, then if the output syntax can not be determined from the input syntax, the output syntax will be UNIX. If the feature is not enabled, VMS output will be the default. canonpath (override) Removes redundant portions of file specifications according to the syntax detected. catdir (override) Concatenates a list of file specifications, and returns the result as a directory specification. No check is made for "impossible" cases (e.g. elements other than the first being absolute filespecs). catfile (override) Concatenates a list of directory specifications with a filename specification to build a path. curdir (override) Returns a string representation of the current directory: '[]' or '.' devnull (override) Returns a string representation of the null device: '_NLA0:' or '/dev/null' rootdir (override) Returns a string representation of the root directory: 'SYS$DISK:[000000]' or '/' tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first writable directory from the following list or '' if none are writable: /tmp if C<DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX> is enabled. sys$scratch: $ENV{TMPDIR} Since perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if $ENV{TMPDIR} is tainted, it is not used. updir (override) Returns a string representation of the parent directory: '[-]' or '..' case_tolerant (override) VMS file specification syntax is case-tolerant. path (override) Translate logical name DCL$PATH as a searchlist, rather than trying to "split" string value of $ENV{'PATH'}. file_name_is_absolute (override) Checks for VMS directory spec as well as Unix separators. splitpath (override) ($volume,$directories,$file) = File::Spec->splitpath( $path ); ($volume,$directories,$file) = File::Spec->splitpath( $path, $no_file ); Passing a true value for $no_file indicates that the path being split only contains directory components, even on systems where you can usually (when not supporting a foreign syntax) tell the difference between directories and files at a glance. splitdir (override) Split a directory specification into the components. catpath (override) Construct a complete filespec. abs2rel (override) Attempt to convert a file specification to a relative specification. On a system with volumes, like VMS, this may not be possible. rel2abs (override) Return an absolute file specification from a relative one. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. An explanation of VMS file specs can be found at "/h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#apps_locating_naming_files"" in "http:. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 File::Spec::VMS(3pm)