Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Postfix keeps returning "Command time limit exceeded" message Post 302930713 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 02:10:52 PM
Old 01-06-2015
Giant imap- mailboxes to sync?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you limit the compare on "comm" command

I need to find deleted records from a file. I compare yesterdays file.old to todays file.new. I need to find the records that were in yesterdays file that are not in todays. My file is fixed field. If I run a "comm -23" obviously what i find is not necesarilly a delete, it could be a change. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suppressing an error message using the "ls" command

hi I'm new here so my question maybe be retarded or out of place: Is there a way to suppress the "No such file or directory" error message when using the "ls" command ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: basher400
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command gives "Not a directory" error message

The operating system is Solaris. There is a perl interpreter that is located at /opt/perl5.10.0/perl. when i give ls -ltr /opt/perl5.10.0/perl I get an error message saying that "/opt/perl5.10.0/perl Not a directory" At the next instant when i give the same command it lists the properties of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
IMAP_LIST(3)								 1							      IMAP_LIST(3)

imap_list - Read the list of mailboxes

SYNOPSIS
array imap_list (resource $imap_stream, string $ref, string $pattern) DESCRIPTION
Read the list of mailboxes. PARAMETERS
o $ imap_stream -An IMAP stream returned by imap_open(3). o $ref -$ref should normally be just the server specification as described in imap_open(3). o $pattern -Specifies where in the mailbox hierarchy to start searching.There are two special characters you can pass as part of the $pat- tern: ' *' and ' %'. ' *' means to return all mailboxes. If you pass $pattern as ' *', you will get a list of the entire mailbox hierarchy. ' %' means to return the current level only. ' %' as the $pattern parameter will return only the top level mailboxes; ' ~/mail/%' on UW_IMAPD will return every mailbox in the ~/mail directory, but none in subfolders of that directory. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing the names of the mailboxes. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imap_list(3) example <?php $mbox = imap_open("{imap.example.org}", "username", "password", OP_HALFOPEN) or die("can't connect: " . imap_last_error()); $list = imap_list($mbox, "{imap.example.org}", "*"); if (is_array($list)) { foreach ($list as $val) { echo imap_utf7_decode($val) . " "; } } else { echo "imap_list failed: " . imap_last_error() . " "; } imap_close($mbox); ?> SEE ALSO
imap_getmailboxes(3), imap_lsub(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAP_LIST(3)