Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Optimize shell script to run faster Post 302930683 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 12:22:29 PM
Old 01-06-2015
what's the expected output given a sample input?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone make this script run faster?

One of our servers runs Solaris 8 and does not have "ls -lh" as a valid command. I wrote the following script to make the ls output easier to read and emulate "ls -lh" functionality. The script works, but it is slow when executed on a directory that contains a large number of files. Can anyone make... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to make a shell script run for ffmpeg vhook watermaking in shell

i have a small problem getting a batxh shell script to run in shell this is the code the problem seems to be centered around the ffmpeg command, something maybe to do with the ' ' wrapping around the vhook part command this is a strange problem , if i take the ffmpeg command and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Making things run faster

I am processing some terabytes of information on a computer having 8 processors (each with 4 cores) with a 16GB RAM and 5TB hard drive implemented as a RAID. The processing doesn't seem to be blazingly fast perhaps because of the IO limitation. I am basically running a perl script to read some... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize shell script (snapshots)

I've a script to do some snapshots but the time it does so is very different... once i got a snapshot under 1 sec, on the other hand it took 3 sec, but nothing else changed, i didnt even move the cursor or something. I put the script on a ramdisk and its faster, but still swing from under 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcW
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize shell code

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Date::Manip; my $date_converted = UnixDate(ParseDate("3 days ago"),"%e/%h/%Y"); open FILE,">$ARGV"; while(<DATA>){ my @tab_delimited_array = split(/\t/,$_); $tab_delimited_array =~ s/^\ =~ s/^\-//; my $converted_date =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script run faster

Can someone help me edit the below script to make it run faster? Shell: bash OS: Linux Red Hat The point of the script is to grab entire chunks of information that concerns the service "MEMORY_CHECK". For each chunk, the beginning starts with "service {", and ends with "}". I should... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

optimize if block : shell script

Hi, I need a shell script to determine if a no. is either even, greater than 4, less than 8 SHELL : ksh OS : RHEL 6 this is the if block of the script mod=`expr $num % 2` if || || then echo "No. is either even or greater than 4 or less than 8" fi this code works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)