Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increase maxuproc value
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increase maxuproc value Post 302930617 by Peasant on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 02:18:20 AM
Old 01-06-2015
You might want check out this thread regarding nproc in RHEL 6.3 or later.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=919793

I was scratching my head other day when java app server failed to work properly cause of this bug.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File increase

Sorry im really new here this is my second post today! My question is, im trying to write a script and i want to output to a text file but i want each text file to be different so for instance log.txt, log1.txt, log2.txt ect how would i do that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase fs

hi, i installed solaris 9 on my v240 server on 36gb disk. here are the ouputs of the df -h command: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.6G 3.4G 6.1G 36% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuc_xich_duc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

5. Programming

how to increase number like this

hi all i got a assignment but this is part of it only.. i need the logic that all.. below is the kind of output that i want to get. 1 12 123 1234 12345 2345 345 45 5 i noe i need to use for loop cos currently i am doing a short cut way which is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

6. AIX

How can I increase a PV?

Hi, I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size. How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

8. AIX

Maxuproc vs ulimit -u [processes(per user)]

Morning, Somebody can tell me in AIX 6.1 what is the different between the maxuproc (lsattr -El sys0 | grep max) and the for a user. Example: Oracle is limited by : #ulimit -u processes(per user) unlimited But lsattr -El sys0| grep maxuproc show me : maxuproc 16384 So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bacup540
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maxuproc and limit

// AIX 6.1 & Power 7 server I have maxuproc set to 16384. lsattr -El sys0 -a maxuproc maxuproc 16384 Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user True What is the maximum number of maxuproc we can go for? If I increase maxuproc to the higher number, what would be ramifications? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. AIX

Maxuproc parameter and number of processes

Hi there, I am having a problem on an AIX server running a WebSphere MQ instance. The problem is that sometimes it seems to reach process limit, but I do not find the processes themselves. What I see: succeed to log in (as root from console os as nonpriviliged user via ssh). Trying to run... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
19 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)