Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: From line 2 to end file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting From line 2 to end file Post 302930577 by aav1307 on Monday 5th of January 2015 03:28:00 PM
Old 01-05-2015
Linux From line 2 to end file

Hello all,

I have filex

$cat filex

Code:
camp1 camp2 camp3 
111     222     333
444     555     666
777     888     999

then i need output with and not line 1 or line 2 to end file

$cat filex

Code:
111     222     333
444     555     666
777     888     999

thank you,

Last edited by vgersh99; 01-05-2015 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: once again - please start using CODE TAGS!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a field to the end of each line of a file based on searching another file.

Hi All, I have two comma separated value(CSV) files, say FileA and FileB. The contents looks like that shown below. FileA EmpNo,Name,Age,Sex, 1000,ABC,23,M, 1001,DES,24,F, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new line at the end of file

Hi I have few files. For some files the cursor is at the end of last line. For other files, cursor is at the new line at the end. I want to bring the cursor down to next line for the files that are having cursor at the end of last line In otherwords, I want to introduce a blank line at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somesh_p
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add new line character at the end of a file

hi all, i have this question: How to add new line character at the end of a file???? i need this because i am loading a file to sybase and i have problems with the last record thanks for your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line to end of file

Can somebody help me with a script .... Read a file /etc/inittab find the string starting with rcml and move it entirely towards the end of file. rcml:2:once:/usr/sni/aix52/rc.ml > /dev/console 2>&1 I basically want to change the startup sequence. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imanuk2007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the end of each line in a file with a given string

Hi friends, I have a file containing many lines as follows. M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\java\build.xml@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\ADBasicView.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a I would like to append the string "\0" at the end of each line in the file. The output should look... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a line to the end of the file

I have a file with different directories in it. I would need to move one line within the file to the end of the list. Also not there could be blank line in the middle of it. Example /vol/fs1 /vol/fs2 /vol/fs3 /vol/fs4 /vol/fs5 /vol/fs6 /vol/fs7 So I would need /vol/fs2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add name at the end of line in one file

Hi Folks, I want to add one name at the end of one file. Below line i have to add end of line some name... Search_masterlogin=`grep -i $masterlogin passwd.master|awk -F: '{print $1}'` $ grep -i susan passwd.master |awk -F: '{print $1}' susan $ I want to insert one name called... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)