Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Match patterns from another file and tag Post 302930533 by RudiC on Monday 5th of January 2015 10:17:04 AM
Old 01-05-2015
Do you really have <TAB> delimiters in both files? For your one line tmp2 file try
Code:
awk     'FNR == NR              {P=$0; next}
         P == $2"\t"$3"\t"$4    {$5="*"$5"*"}
        ' FS="\t" OFS="\t" file2 file1

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file

Hi, From the pattern mentioned below remove lines based on pattern range. Conditions 1 Look For all lines starting with ALTER TABLE and Ending with ; and contains the word MOVE.I wanto to remove these lines from the file sample below. Note : The above pattern list could be found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to match patterns in 2 different files.

I am new to shell scripting and need some help. I googled, but couldn't find a similar scenario. Basically, I need to rename a datafile. This is the scenario - I have a file, readonly.txt that has 2 columns - file# and name. I have another file,missing_files.txt that has id and name. Both the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 different patterns and print the lines

Hi, i have been trying to extract multiple lines based on two different patterns as below:- file1 @jkm|kdo|aas012|192.2.3.1 blablbalablablkabblablabla sjfdsakfjladfjefhaghfagfkafagkjsghfalhfk fhajkhfadjkhfalhflaffajkgfajkghfajkhgfkf jahfjkhflkhalfdhfwearhahfl @jkm|sdf|wud08q|168.2.1.3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 patterns together

How can I quickly print out lines in a datafile which has presence of both patterns in a row of another file. Maybe awk can do it much faster than bash. Patternfile ID1 PAT11 PAT12 ID1 PAT21 PAT22 ID2 PAT31 PAT32 datafile headerline... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abh.kumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match file1 and extract specific tag values

File2 is tab-delimeted and I am trying to use $2 in file1 (space delimeted) as a search term in file2. If it is found then the AF= in and the FDP= values from file2 are extracted and printed next to the file1 line. I commented the awk before I added the lines in bold the current output resulted. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				    mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8, mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32C - matrix transpose, in place SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(mlib_u8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8C(mlib_u8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8(mlib_s8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8C(mlib_s8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16(mlib_s16 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16C(mlib_s16 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32(mlib_s32 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32C(mlib_s32 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions performs an in-place transpose of a square matrix. For real data, the following pseudo code applies: for (i = 1; i < mn; i++) { for (j = 0; j < i; i++) { tmp = xz[i*mn + j]; xz[i*mn + j] = xz[j*mn + i]; xz[j*mn + i] = tmp; } } For complex data, the following pseudo code applies: for (i = 1; i < mn; i++) { for (j = 0; j < i; i++) { tmp0 = xz[2*(i*mn + j)]; tmp1 = xz[2*(i*mn + j) + 1]; xz[2*(i*mn + j)] = xz[2*(j*mn + i)]; xz[2*(i*mn + j) + 1] = xz[2*(j*mn + i) + 1]; xz[2*(j*mn + i)] = tmp0; xz[2*(j*mn + i) + 1] = tmp1; } } PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: xz Pointer to the source and destination matrix. mn Number of rows and columns in the matrix. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)