Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is %idle means in SAR?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is %idle means in SAR? Post 302930531 by nanz143 on Monday 5th of January 2015 09:58:14 AM
Old 01-05-2015
Removing this...

Last edited by nanz143; 01-06-2015 at 12:51 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does $#,$* means

:) Hi, In some script i got these regular expression like , n=$# and for i in $* can anybody let me know, what does it means (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deb.simply
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

$? and $# means

what exactly $? and $# means ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

8. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is $(NF) means?

HI what does the $(NF) means. here i want to understand the working. what i know is that in awk NF argument will tell number of column in a file i have below file alpha a beta b if i use command cat kv | paste - - | awk '{print $1," "$2 "------>"$(NF)}' i get the o/p as alpha ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)