Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T2000 Sparc server fails boot Post 302930512 by achenle on Monday 5th of January 2015 07:29:36 AM
Old 01-05-2015
Boot verbose - both CD and normal. What's different?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while trying to boot from cdrom on Sun Fire T2000

Hi Guyz, I recently downloaded sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso from Sun. I burned the disk as cd .iso. When trying to boot at the ok> boot cdrom i get the following error: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Boot device:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mwamba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server T2000 occasionally reboot

Hi, i am really 'fresh' to Solaris or any UNIX OS. My role as web developer but i need slightly involve to Solaris support. It is harder for me to understand it and i recently encounter a problems. /var file system (/dev/md/rdsk/d425) is being checked. run fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d425 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install fails on sparc

I'm trying to do an upgrade/install from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 on a SUN Sparc system. I halt the system, as documented, but when I attempt to boot off the distribution DVD; i.e. halt : : OK> boot cdrom The system indicates that the device is 'unrecognizable' These are SUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagtek
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

7. Solaris

T2000 Server cannot power on

Hi All, I recently had issues with my new T2000 server. I purchased a new mainboard and swapped the CPU and DIMMs to the new board. Now when i power on the server im unable to do so. I get the following error: ‘SC Alert: Host system poweron failed due to fault at MB/FF_POK.' When i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
LSPNP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LSPNP(8)

NAME
lspnp - list Plug and Play BIOS device nodes and resources SYNOPSIS
lspnp [-b] [-v[v]] [device ...] DESCRIPTION
This utility presents a formatted interpretation of the contents of the /proc/bus/pnp tree. Its default output is a list of Plug and Play device node numbers, product identifiers, and descriptions. Verbose output (-v) includes resource allocations (IO ports, memory, inter- rupts, and DMA channels) for each device. Very verbose output (-vv) includes lists of possible resources, various configuration flags, and product identifiers for compatible devices. The output can be limited to one or more specific device nodes by specifying their two-digit hex node numbers on the command line. By default, current (dynamic) device configuration information is displayed; with the -b option, the boot (static) configuration is shown. OPTIONS
-b Boot mode: read device resource information that will be used at next boot (as opposed to current resource info). -v Selects more verbose output. Can be used more than once. FILES
/usr/share/pnp.ids A database of known Plug and Play device ID's. /proc/bus/pnp/... The kernel interface for Plug and Play BIOS device services. AUTHORS
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
setpnp(8) pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:49 LSPNP(8)