Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing Post 302930412 by Gautam Banerjee on Saturday 3rd of January 2015 01:06:55 PM
Old 01-03-2015
Reply of the post

Hi,

I need to match 1st row in CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt with 1st column of parameter.txt

Desired output in CSV:

1st column: Parameter ( This column is present in CNAI_DUMP_RAW.txt in the first row and Parameter.txt in the first column)

2nd Column: Ideal Value ( This is the 2nd column present in Parameter.txt)

3rd Column: Cell Name ( Present in 4th cloumn of CNAI_DUMP_RAW.txt)
E.g RBR201A
RBR201B...

4th Column: Actual Value ( Present in CNAI_DUMP_RAW.txt)
This is the value of the cell in (CNAI_DUMP_RAW.txt) with Row id as Cell name and Column Id as 1st Column of Parameter.txt

---------- Post updated at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:38 PM ----------

Hi Scrutinizer,

I have tried to explain my desired output in the post above.

Also the input files were attached in the first post.

The desired output which I want to show in in csv format and can not be shown in code.

Please let me know for more clarification

---------- Post updated at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:52 PM ----------

Hi Scrutinizer,

I have tried to explain my desired output in the post above.

Also the input files were attached in the first post.

The desired output which I want to show in in csv format and can not be shown in code.

Please let me know for more clarification

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to insert data from gps.txt to mysql database

Hi, I have gps receiver, by using gpsd data i can read gps log data to my database(my sql). Steps: 1. telenet localhost 2947 > gps.txt (press enter) 2. r (press enter) //then i will get the data like below in gps.txt file Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for CSV conversion

thanks for allowing me join your forum i have an output of linux command "who" which provides following details..... CURRENT USER/ACCT INFO 17:31:36 up 4:49, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.00 USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT root :0 - 12:59 ?xdm? 4:54 0.02s /bin/sh /usr/bi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayyappancheta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of xhtml data into csv format using dump utility

Hi Unix Gurus, I tried to convert the attached xhtml table content into csv file using unix shell script (lynx -dump filename) and got the below results: Title ID Owner Priority Estimate Project Change Date Changed By Complexity Create Date Created By Detail Estimate Total De tail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data to CSV file from txt output

Hi Everyone , Below is output from a TL1 , I want just the NE Name: and beside that the Temperature and the voltages in a csv file , Is this possible? > act-user:AB1S2a:ArshadFO:493::**********; AB1S2a 2016-02-07 10:13:24 M 493 COMPLD "ArshadFO:2016-02-07 10-04-55,0" ;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data?

i have written my shell script in notepad however i am struggling to pass the data file to be read to the script the data file is of .txt format. My target is to run the shell script from the terminal and pass 3 arguments e.g. polg@DESKTOP-BVPDC5C:~/CS1420/coursework$ bash valsplit.sh input.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
11 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)