Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mounting temperature logger on Centos 7.0 Post 302930266 by ongoto on Thursday 1st of January 2015 11:12:32 AM
Old 01-01-2015
Does the manufacturer provide a driver for the device? Maybe a file or cd you could download?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

temperature records

I'm fairly new to hpux, so this is what i've been trying to figure out. Is it possible to get any logs on hpux that would indicate if the system, cpu, or other hardware components reached above normal or critical temperatures? Thanks, -K (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzerx
0 Replies

2. SCO

temperature monitor

Is there command in sco unixware 7.1.3 from which i can find the temperature of the system/hardware. Something equivalent to prtdiag in solaris maybe thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsb81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logger Command

Hi I have a command in a script . /usr/bin/iostat -E I would like to place an entry in /var/adm/messages (via syslog) as a daemon.notice using the logger command but i just cant work out the syntax for this , do I pipe the output of iostat into logger? or is it redirected...can somebody give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Programming

Key logger

I want to program my own key logger to register every key pushed on my system... could i record clicks? Well, my question in fact is not one at all... because i dont have a starting point. I'll appreciate your bases :(. ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
5 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU temperature

Hi all I have a SUN V480 server with 4 processores and I've noticed that the temperature for 2 of the 4 processers are quite high (63 degrees Celsius). Does anyone know what the operating temperatures of the Sparc CPU's are? I'm not getting any warning messages yet, but I want to resolve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

6. Solaris

logger + filter

Hi, I have an application log file and I am redirecting it to syslog ...| logger -p user.err Howver, the size redirected is too arge and I am seeking a way to filter what to redirect to syslog. any mean to do this, knowing that I do not want to decrease the log level of the app? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Temperature Script (Starting

Hello, I am trying to work on a temperature script to check temperatures on my systems. Im trying to get the basics laid out first. So far i have a command: /usr/sbin/prtpicl -v -c temperature-sensor # (must run as root) This command kicks back alot of information but i only want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test temperature and alert

i have this script which result is cpu temp in celsius first install: apt-get install lm-sensors YES |sensors-detect --auto #!/bin/bash # 1. get temperature ## a. split response ## Core 0: +143.6°F (high = +186.8°F, crit = +212.0°F) IFS=')' read -ra core_temp_arr <<<... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
11 Replies
BCMFW(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  BCMFW(8)

NAME
bcmfw -- firmware download utility for Broadcom BCM2033 chip based Bluetooth USB devices SYNOPSIS
bcmfw [-h] -f firmware_file_name -m mini-driver_file_name -n device_name DESCRIPTION
The bcmfw utility downloads the specified mini-driver and firmware files to the specified device. This utility will only work with Broadcom BCM2033 chip based Bluetooth USB devices. The identification is currently based on USB vendor ID/product ID pair. The vendor ID should be 0x0a5c (USB_VENDOR_BROADCOM) and the product ID should be 0x2033. Due to copyright issues I will no longer provide mini-driver and firmware files for the device. These files can be obtained from the Linux BlueZ bluez-firmware package. Visit http://www.bluez.org/download.html for details. I am using the following files from the bluez-firmware-1.0 package: MD5 (BCM2033-MD.hex) = 5580317158d07fc4ace90af04f8e1c73 MD5 (BCM2033-FW.bin) = b4e142b3272cfe5a84b32fda6b4b032f The options are as follows: -f firmware_file_name Specify firmware file name for download. -h Display usage message and exit. -m mini-driver_file_name Specify mini-driver file name for download. -n device_name Specify device name. FILES
BCM2033-MD.hex Mini-driver image. BCM2033-FW.bin Firmware image. /dev/ubtbcmfwN.EE Endpoint EE of device N. EXIT STATUS
The bcmfw utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To download the firmware into the /dev/ubtbcmfw0 device: bcmfw -n ubtbcmfw0 -m BCM2033-MD.hex -f BCM2033-FW.bin SEE ALSO
ubtbcmfw(4), ugen(4) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Most likely. Please report if found. BSD
March 31, 2003 BSD