Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mounting temperature logger on Centos 7.0 Post 302930261 by figaro on Thursday 1st of January 2015 09:28:14 AM
Old 01-01-2015
Thank you for your response. The command leads to the following error message:
Code:
mount: special device /dev/hiddev0 does not exist

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

temperature records

I'm fairly new to hpux, so this is what i've been trying to figure out. Is it possible to get any logs on hpux that would indicate if the system, cpu, or other hardware components reached above normal or critical temperatures? Thanks, -K (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzerx
0 Replies

2. SCO

temperature monitor

Is there command in sco unixware 7.1.3 from which i can find the temperature of the system/hardware. Something equivalent to prtdiag in solaris maybe thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsb81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logger Command

Hi I have a command in a script . /usr/bin/iostat -E I would like to place an entry in /var/adm/messages (via syslog) as a daemon.notice using the logger command but i just cant work out the syntax for this , do I pipe the output of iostat into logger? or is it redirected...can somebody give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Programming

Key logger

I want to program my own key logger to register every key pushed on my system... could i record clicks? Well, my question in fact is not one at all... because i dont have a starting point. I'll appreciate your bases :(. ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
5 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU temperature

Hi all I have a SUN V480 server with 4 processores and I've noticed that the temperature for 2 of the 4 processers are quite high (63 degrees Celsius). Does anyone know what the operating temperatures of the Sparc CPU's are? I'm not getting any warning messages yet, but I want to resolve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

6. Solaris

logger + filter

Hi, I have an application log file and I am redirecting it to syslog ...| logger -p user.err Howver, the size redirected is too arge and I am seeking a way to filter what to redirect to syslog. any mean to do this, knowing that I do not want to decrease the log level of the app? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Temperature Script (Starting

Hello, I am trying to work on a temperature script to check temperatures on my systems. Im trying to get the basics laid out first. So far i have a command: /usr/sbin/prtpicl -v -c temperature-sensor # (must run as root) This command kicks back alot of information but i only want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test temperature and alert

i have this script which result is cpu temp in celsius first install: apt-get install lm-sensors YES |sensors-detect --auto #!/bin/bash # 1. get temperature ## a. split response ## Core 0: +143.6°F (high = +186.8°F, crit = +212.0°F) IFS=')' read -ra core_temp_arr <<<... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
11 Replies
AMDTEMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						AMDTEMP(4)

NAME
amdtemp -- device driver for AMD processor on-die digital thermal sensor SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device amdtemp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): amdtemp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The amdtemp driver provides support for the on-die digital thermal sensor present in AMD Family 0Fh, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, and 15h processors. For Family 0Fh processors, the amdtemp driver reports each core's temperature through sysctl nodes, named dev.amdtemp.%d.core{0,1}.sensor{0,1}. The driver also creates dev.cpu.%d.temperature in the corresponding CPU device's sysctl tree, display- ing the maximum temperature of the two sensors located in each CPU core. For Family 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, and 15h processors, the driver reports each package's temperature through a sysctl node, named dev.amdtemp.%d.core0.sensor0. The driver also creates dev.cpu.%d.temperature in the corresponding CPU device's sysctl tree, displaying the temperature of the shared sensor located in each CPU package. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following variable is available as both sysctl(8) variable and loader(8) tunable: dev.amdtemp.%d.sensor_offset Add the given offset to the temperature of the sensor. Default is 0. SEE ALSO
loader(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The amdtemp driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org> Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org> Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org> CAVEATS
For Family 10h and later processors, ``(the reported temperature) is a non-physical temperature measured on an arbitrary scale and it does not represent an actual physical temperature like die or case temperature. Instead, it specifies the processor temperature relative to the point at which the system must supply the maximum cooling for the processor's specified maximum case temperature and maximum thermal power dissipation'' according to BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Processors, http://developer.amd.com/documentation/guides/Pages/default.aspx. BSD
February 23, 2012 BSD