Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mounting temperature logger on Centos 7.0 Post 302930206 by ongoto on Wednesday 31st of December 2014 11:32:43 AM
Old 12-31-2014
Mounting usually fails due to unknown file system.
Try the auto option...
Code:
mount -t auto /dev/hiddev0 /mnt/logger

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

temperature records

I'm fairly new to hpux, so this is what i've been trying to figure out. Is it possible to get any logs on hpux that would indicate if the system, cpu, or other hardware components reached above normal or critical temperatures? Thanks, -K (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzerx
0 Replies

2. SCO

temperature monitor

Is there command in sco unixware 7.1.3 from which i can find the temperature of the system/hardware. Something equivalent to prtdiag in solaris maybe thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsb81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logger Command

Hi I have a command in a script . /usr/bin/iostat -E I would like to place an entry in /var/adm/messages (via syslog) as a daemon.notice using the logger command but i just cant work out the syntax for this , do I pipe the output of iostat into logger? or is it redirected...can somebody give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Programming

Key logger

I want to program my own key logger to register every key pushed on my system... could i record clicks? Well, my question in fact is not one at all... because i dont have a starting point. I'll appreciate your bases :(. ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
5 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU temperature

Hi all I have a SUN V480 server with 4 processores and I've noticed that the temperature for 2 of the 4 processers are quite high (63 degrees Celsius). Does anyone know what the operating temperatures of the Sparc CPU's are? I'm not getting any warning messages yet, but I want to resolve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

6. Solaris

logger + filter

Hi, I have an application log file and I am redirecting it to syslog ...| logger -p user.err Howver, the size redirected is too arge and I am seeking a way to filter what to redirect to syslog. any mean to do this, knowing that I do not want to decrease the log level of the app? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Temperature Script (Starting

Hello, I am trying to work on a temperature script to check temperatures on my systems. Im trying to get the basics laid out first. So far i have a command: /usr/sbin/prtpicl -v -c temperature-sensor # (must run as root) This command kicks back alot of information but i only want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test temperature and alert

i have this script which result is cpu temp in celsius first install: apt-get install lm-sensors YES |sensors-detect --auto #!/bin/bash # 1. get temperature ## a. split response ## Core 0: +143.6°F (high = +186.8°F, crit = +212.0°F) IFS=')' read -ra core_temp_arr <<<... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
11 Replies
REDSHIFT(1)							   User Commands						       REDSHIFT(1)

NAME
gtk-redshift - Set color temperature of display according to time of day (gtk-Frontend). SYNOPSIS
redshift -l LAT:LON -t DAY:NIGHT [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
Redshift adjusts the color temperature of your screen according to your surroundings. This may help your eyes hurt less if you are working in front of the screen at night. -h Display this help message -v Verbose output -V Show program version -b N Screen brightness to apply (max is 1.0) -c FILE Load settings from specified configuration file -g R:G:B Additional gamma correction to apply -l LAT:LON Your current location -l PROVIDER Select provider for automatic location updates (Type `list' to see available providers) -m METHOD Method to use to set color temperature (Type `list' to see available methods) -o One shot mode (do not continuously adjust color temperature) -O TEMP One shot manual mode (set color temperature) -x Reset mode (remove adjustment from screen) -r Disable temperature transitions -t DAY:NIGHT Color temperature to set at daytime/night The neutral temperature is 6500K. Using this value will not change the color temperature of the display. Setting the color temperature to a value higher than this results in more blue light, and setting a lower value will result in more red light. Default values: Daytime temperature: 5500K Night temperature: 3700K Please report bugs to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/redshift> SEE ALSO
The full documentation for redshift is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and redshift programs are properly installed at your site, the command info redshift should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
redshift was written by Martin Koelewijn and Jon Lund Steffensen. This manual page was created by Franziska Lichtblau <rhalina@old-forest.org> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). redshift 1.7 June 2012 REDSHIFT(1)