Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vnc only allows 2 users
Operating Systems Solaris vnc only allows 2 users Post 302930141 by DGPickett on Tuesday 30th of December 2014 03:52:56 PM
Old 12-30-2014
So, your config is tightvnc on windows to vnc on solaris? I use the free version, and there is no user limit but the 100 ports. I recall times I had to edit 'vncserver' to force it to use TCP because UNIX socket directories had too tight permissions. Are you sure that is your Xvnc on that socket?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

VNC depot

Hi All, I'm having a very difficult time compiling VNC for HPUX 11.0. Is there a vnc depot sitting somewhere out there ? Thanks a bunch, KENT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

VNC Timer

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foweja
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timer for VNC

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foweja
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have vncserver installed on Sun Solaris 8. The xstartup file looks like: #!/bin/sh && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid grey xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" & /usr/dt/bin/dtwm & I have installed VNC on /usr/local/bin. When I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
0 Replies

6. Solaris

VNC Connect

Hi all, Almost at my wit ends, trying to connect to vnc port 0 on Solaris 10. configured Xservers with the followin: :0 Local local_uid@none root /usr/X11/bin/Xserver :0 -rfbauth /etc/.vnc/passwd -rfbport 5900 :1 Local local_uid@none root /usr/X11/bin/Xserver :1 -rfbauth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srage
1 Replies

7. Solaris

VNC in solaris 10

First you need to know that I'm 100% new to solaris/unix. I'm trying to setup VNC on my sparc based server that I just installed solaris 10 on but when I type in vncserver to start it, I get "couldn't find "xauth" on your PATH" What do I do so I can get a gui up and running remotely on my... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuadRunner750
20 Replies

8. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies
vncpasswd(1)                                                         TightVNC                                                         vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - set passwords for VNC server SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [file] vncpasswd -t vncpasswd -f DESCRIPTION
The vncpasswd utility should be used to create and change passwords for the TightVNC server authentication. Xvnc uses such passwords when started with the -rfbauth command-line option (or when started from the vncserver script). vncpasswd allows to enter either one or two passwords. The first password is the primary one, the second password can be used for view-only authentication. Xvnc will restrict mouse and keyboard input from clients who authenticated with the view-only password. The vncpasswd util- ity asks interactively if it should set the second password. The password file name defaults to $HOME/.vnc/passwd unless the -t command-line option was used (see the OPTIONS section below). The $HOME/.vnc/ directory will be created if it does not exist. Each password has to be longer than five characters (unless the -f command-line option was used, see its description below). Only the first eight characters are significant. If the primary password is too short, the program will abort. If the view-only password is too short, then only the primary password will be saved. Unless a file name was provided in the command-line explicitly, this utility may perform certain sanity checks to prevent writing a pass- word file into some hazardous place. If at least one password was saved successfully, vncpasswd will exit with status code 0. Otherwise the returned status code will be set to 1. OPTIONS
-t Write passwords into /tmp/$USER-vnc/passwd, creating the /tmp/$USER-vnc/ directory if it does not exist, and checking the permis- sions on that directory (the mode must be 700). This option can help to improve security when your home partition may be shared via network (e.g. when using NFS). -f Filter mode. Read plain-text passwords from stdin, write encrypted versions to stdout. One or two passwords (full-control and view- only) can be supplied in the input stream, newline terminates a password. Note that in the filter mode, short or even empty pass- words will be silently accepted. SEE ALSO
vncserver(1), Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncpasswd(1)