Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search Pattern and Print lines in Single Column Post 302930052 by navkanwal on Tuesday 30th of December 2014 12:20:51 AM
Old 12-30-2014
Thanks Experts !!

The command is working fine and as desired.

Regards
Navkanwal

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines between the search pattern

hi, I have a file say x.txt containing xxx 123 bla bla ... you xxx dfk dbf ... me xxx ... ... keeps on.. i need to search for pattern in the line starting xxx in the file. If pattern matched, I need to fetch all the lines till i find next xxx. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a file and print previous lines from a particular point

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting and I have a problem. I have a file in which I have to search for a particular pattern say 'a' then from that line I need to search for another pattern say 'b' in the previous lines and thne print the file from pattern 'b' till the end of file. For eg: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umaislearning
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: print lines with one of multiple pattern in the same field (column)

Hi all, I am new to using awk and am quickly discovering what a powerful pattern-recognition tool it is. However, I have what seems like a fairly basic task that I just can't figure out how to perform in one line. I want awk to find and print all the lines in which one of multiple patterns (e.g.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgo4
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If pattern in column 3 matches pattern in column 2 (any row), print value in column 1

Hi all, I have searched and searched, but I have not found a solution that quite fits what I am trying to do. I have a long list of data in three columns. Below is a sample: 1,10,8 2,12,10 3,13,12 4,14,14 5,15,16 6,16,18 Please use code tags What I need to do is as follows: If a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleedingturnip
4 Replies
SDL_OpenAudio(3)						 SDL API Reference						  SDL_OpenAudio(3)

NAME
SDL_OpenAudio - Opens the audio device with the desired parameters. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_OpenAudio(SDL_AudioSpec *desired, SDL_AudioSpec *obtained); DESCRIPTION
This function opens the audio device with the desired parameters, and returns 0 if successful, placing the actual hardware parameters in the structure pointed to by obtained. If obtained is NULL, the audio data passed to the callback function will be guaranteed to be in the requested format, and will be automatically converted to the hardware audio format if necessary. This function returns -1 if it failed to open the audio device, or couldn't set up the audio thread. To open the audio device a desired SDL_AudioSpec must be created. SDL_AudioSpec *desired; . . desired=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); You must then fill this structure with your desired audio specifications. desired->freq desired->format desired->samples desired->callback void callback(void *userdata, Uint8 *stream, int len); userdata is the pointer stored in userdata field of the SDL_AudioSpec. stream is a pointer to the audio buffer you want to fill with information and len is the length of the audio buffer in bytes. desired->userdata SDL_OpenAudio reads these fields from the desired SDL_AudioSpec structure pass to the function and attempts to find an audio configuration matching your desired. As mentioned above, if the obtained parameter is NULL then SDL with convert from your desired audio settings to the hardware settings as it plays. If obtained is NULL then the desired SDL_AudioSpec is your working specification, otherwise the obtained SDL_AudioSpec becomes the working specification and the desirec specification can be deleted. The data in the working specification is used when building SDL_AudioCVT's for converting loaded data to the hardware format. SDL_OpenAudio calculates the size and silence fields for both the desired and obtained specifications. The size field stores the total size of the audio buffer in bytes, while the silence stores the value used to represent silence in the audio buffer The audio device starts out playing silence when it's opened, and should be enabled for playing by calling SDL_PauseAudio(0) when you are ready for your audio callback function to be called. Since the audio driver may modify the requested size of the audio buffer, you should allocate any local mixing buffers after you open the audio device. EXAMPLES
/* Prototype of our callback function */ void my_audio_callback(void *userdata, Uint8 *stream, int len); /* Open the audio device */ SDL_AudioSpec *desired, *obtained; SDL_AudioSpec *hardware_spec; /* Allocate a desired SDL_AudioSpec */ desired=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); /* Allocate space for the obtained SDL_AudioSpec */ obtained=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); /* 22050Hz - FM Radio quality */ desired->freq=22050; /* 16-bit signed audio */ desired->format=AUDIO_S16LSB; /* Mono */ desired->channels=0; /* Large audio buffer reduces risk of dropouts but increases response time */ desired->samples=8192; /* Our callback function */ desired->callback=my_audio_callback; desired->userdata=NULL; /* Open the audio device */ if ( SDL_OpenAudio(desired, obtained) < 0 ){ fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't open audio: %s ", SDL_GetError()); exit(-1); } /* desired spec is no longer needed */ free(desired); hardware_spec=obtained; . . /* Prepare callback for playing */ . . . /* Start playing */ SDL_PauseAudio(0); SEE ALSO
SDL_AudioSpec, SDL_LockAudio, SDL_UnlockAudio, SDL_PauseAudio SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_OpenAudio(3)