Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lookup subfields from 3 tables and insert Post 302929939 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 29th of December 2014 04:49:37 AM
Old 12-29-2014
Hello Don,

Thanks a lot for the great command, I have no hesitation to say that, one day I want to be like you in techincal knowledge. You are great(can't say below than that). I am lucky to be here and see/follow/understand your posts.

There is one very famous quote in a Bollywood movie named Don itself Smilie.
Quote:
To catch Don is not at all difficult because it is impossible. Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with using a lookup table

Using AIX 5.2, Bourne and Korn Shell. I have two flat text files. One is a main file and one is a lookup table that contains a number of letter codes and membership numbers as follows: 316707965EGM01 315672908ANM92 Whenever one of these records from the lookup appears in the main file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup in unix

Hi All I have got a fixed length file of 80bytes long.The first 4bytes of each record represents a client_number.I need to modify the client number based on another lookup file. The lookup file contains 2 fields and a comma delimited file.The first line of the lookup file contains the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse lookup

hey guys, can anybody help me out here on the following: grep '^\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}$' ravi.txt mary.txt lisa.txt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif i.e what i did was found ip addreses from different files and then i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravis83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup

I have a lookup file in unix say /data/lkp.dat (First line is header and space delimited) and the content is shown below. Another file which contains the job_name and rec_count lets say /data/data_file.dat(no header pipe delimited file). Now i want to do a lookup on job_name and my output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing exact matches with awk from subfields

To give you some context of my issue the following is some sample dummy data. The field delimiter is "<-->". The 4th field is going to be tags for my notes. The tags should always be unique and sorted alphabetically. 1<-->01/20/12<-->01/20/12<-->1st note<-->1st note<-NL->2 lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamreiswig
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining and sorting with csvs with subfields

hello masters, I am working with csv files that open just fine in excel, but have sub-fields which are comma separated as well. a 3 column csv looks like a,b,"c,d,e" f,g,h How do I make join or sort believe that "c,d,e" is just 1 field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup first high value

Hello experts, I have a file looking like v1 g1 5.42 v2 g1 2.43 v1 g2 1.24 v3 g2 0.6 I want to lookup the first value in another sorted table which is greater than column 3 value, keying on column 2 on the first table. The sorted table looks like the following,. where I want to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheetalk
3 Replies
pia(1)							      General Commands Manual							    pia(1)

NAME
pia - play media files SYNOPSIS
pia [ options ] movie DESCRIPTION
pia is a small X11 tool which plays movie files. OPTIONS
pia understands the usual toolkit options (-geometry + friends). Additional options are: -h display help text -v be verbose. -debug enable debug messages. -dsp <dev> Use OSS device <dev> for sound. -noxv Disable Xvideo extension. -nogl Disable OpenGL. -noaudio Don't play sound. -novideo Don't play video. -slow n Slowdown video playback by factor n. n=2 doubles playback time, ... This also turns off audio playback. SUPPORTED MOVIE FORMATS
Main purpose of this utility is to playback movie files recorded by xawtv, motv and streamer. It should be able to playback every AVI or QuickTime movie written by one of the mentioned utilities. Feel free to submit a bug report if this doesn't work for some file. QuickTime pia uses libquicktime to decode quicktime movies, thus it should be able to decode and playback all movies with codecs supported by libquicktime. AVI AVI support is very limited. Video: uncompressed RGB data (15 and 24 bpp) and mjpeg is supported. Audio: only uncompressed PCM data works. WAV WAV files are playable too, with the same limitation like AVI audio: only uncompressed PCM data. AUTHOR
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> COPYRIGHT
2002 Gerd Knorr Copyright (C) 2002 Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. (c) 2002 Gerd Knorr pia(1)