Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lookup subfields from 3 tables and insert Post 302929931 by ritakadm on Monday 29th of December 2014 01:31:58 AM
Old 12-29-2014
thank you, i will do the necessary testing and get back to you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with using a lookup table

Using AIX 5.2, Bourne and Korn Shell. I have two flat text files. One is a main file and one is a lookup table that contains a number of letter codes and membership numbers as follows: 316707965EGM01 315672908ANM92 Whenever one of these records from the lookup appears in the main file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup in unix

Hi All I have got a fixed length file of 80bytes long.The first 4bytes of each record represents a client_number.I need to modify the client number based on another lookup file. The lookup file contains 2 fields and a comma delimited file.The first line of the lookup file contains the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse lookup

hey guys, can anybody help me out here on the following: grep '^\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}$' ravi.txt mary.txt lisa.txt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif i.e what i did was found ip addreses from different files and then i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravis83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup

I have a lookup file in unix say /data/lkp.dat (First line is header and space delimited) and the content is shown below. Another file which contains the job_name and rec_count lets say /data/data_file.dat(no header pipe delimited file). Now i want to do a lookup on job_name and my output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing exact matches with awk from subfields

To give you some context of my issue the following is some sample dummy data. The field delimiter is "<-->". The 4th field is going to be tags for my notes. The tags should always be unique and sorted alphabetically. 1<-->01/20/12<-->01/20/12<-->1st note<-->1st note<-NL->2 lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamreiswig
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining and sorting with csvs with subfields

hello masters, I am working with csv files that open just fine in excel, but have sub-fields which are comma separated as well. a 3 column csv looks like a,b,"c,d,e" f,g,h How do I make join or sort believe that "c,d,e" is just 1 field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup first high value

Hello experts, I have a file looking like v1 g1 5.42 v2 g1 2.43 v1 g2 1.24 v3 g2 0.6 I want to lookup the first value in another sorted table which is greater than column 3 value, keying on column 2 on the first table. The sorted table looks like the following,. where I want to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheetalk
3 Replies
RDF::Query::Plan::Extend(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     RDF::Query::Plan::Extend(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Query::Plan::Extend - Executable query plan for Extends. VERSION
This document describes RDF::Query::Plan::Extend version 2.908. METHODS
Beyond the methods documented below, this class inherits methods from the RDF::Query::Plan class. "new ( $plan, @keys )" "execute ( $execution_context )" "next" "close" "pattern" Returns the query plan that will be used to produce the data to be extended. "distinct" Returns true if the pattern is guaranteed to return distinct results. "ordered" Returns true if the pattern is guaranteed to return ordered results. "plan_node_name" Returns the string name of this plan node, suitable for use in serialization. "plan_prototype" Returns a list of scalar identifiers for the type of the content (children) nodes of this plan node. See RDF::Query::Plan for a list of the allowable identifiers. "plan_node_data" Returns the data for this plan node that corresponds to the values described by the signature returned by "plan_prototype". "graph ( $g )" "explain" Returns a string serialization of the plan appropriate for display on the command line. AUTHOR
Gregory Todd Williams <gwilliams@cpan.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-31 RDF::Query::Plan::Extend(3pm)