Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Local variable in functions (gawk) Post 302929914 by Don Cragun on Sunday 28th of December 2014 11:52:25 PM
Old 12-29-2014
Hi solaris21,
Did you see Scrutinizer's response in post #3 in this thread?

Did you try what he suggested? Doesn't changing:
Code:
function quita_ceros(cad)

in your function definition to:
Code:
function quita_ceros(cad,      k)

work for you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable becomes local

I have encountered a very weird behavior of a global variable in Korn Shell in AIX: A function f1 in my script pipes the output of the function f2 to a program. A variable defined as global using typeset gets its value in f2. That value is not seen in f1. If I remove the pipe ksh recognizes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odashe318
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

new local variable in bash

hi, i need to add a new local variable to my script. then i want to display its value along the title(with echo). desired result: password = x Actual result: x for some reason the below line displays the x value. password=cat config.xml |grep 'DB Password'|cut -f3 -d '='|cut -f2 -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meny
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

solved -gawk, search for pattern - mark the previous line as a variable?

Im trying to parse ifconfig with awk and setup a bunch of variables in one shot. But Im having trouble figuring out how to work with data in previous lines. ifconfig output: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:DA:10:7F:1B inet addr:10.10.10.10 Bcast:10.10.10.127 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing local variable

Hi, Would like to know the purpose and accessing of local variable as in below code snippet: a=123 ( a=321; ) echo "a = $a" #This will print 123 How to access local a variable which is assigned with value 321 ?. .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to learn to use functions in gawk and not getting expected output.

I've been working on improving my awk, and the next thing I want to learn is to properly use functions (I understand functions in shell and python). I have the following code which includes how I did this without functions before, and two attempts I've made to do it with functions: function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Share variable between functions

Hi, gtkdialog gui seperate buttons use seperate functions in their GUI. A variable (newFolderName) is being set in one function (funcA) and it needs to be called in another function (funcB). I thought using global variable (like in python) concept should work however it does not. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhai.nish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Assigning a Array variable from Background Functions

I have a question on how can I assign a output of a function to a variable which is executed in background. Here is my example $ cat sample_program.sh #!/bin/ksh exec_func () { sleep 1 v=`expr $1 + 100` print $v } export OUT_ARR date for i in 1 2 do OUT_ARR=`exec_func $i` &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source functions from variable

I have a functions file containing functions: file.functions: myTest () { echo "MYPWD=$(echo $(pwd))" echo "MYLOGNAME=${LOGNAME}" } myCar () { echo "MYDATE=$(date)" echo "MYUPTIME=$(uptime)" } i know i can source this file in another script using something similar to this: source... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source functions from variable

so i found a way to do this. #!/bin/bash MYF=$(/home/jason/myfunctions) source <(printf '%s\n' "${MYF}") echo "${var1}" /home/jason/myfunctions is a script that outputs information..i.e. functions...etc that needs to be sourced. I have no control over /home/jason/myfunctions. i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)