Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - 'ls' green for root user only Post 302929843 by achenle on Saturday 27th of December 2014 09:32:35 AM
Old 12-27-2014
What's the output from 'alias'?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Permissions for the root user on Solaris 10

Hi I have a doubt, here if a file does not have the write permissions to the root user my script is going to write the data into that file. when i executed the script as root user. Is it correct ... ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start CDE for non root user on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I start CDE for non root user created.For root CDE is working fine but for non root user CDE exits back to login screen after trying for some time.Also I cant see .dt and .dtprofile files in the users home directory.How can I create them.Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Non-root user access to privileged ports-Solaris 8

Please let me know how to setup a non-root user to be able to access a privileged port (<1024) on Solaris 8. I am currently running tomcat as "tomcat" user and I get the following error during to start up: SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:443 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Non root user want to see /var/log/messages - any suse equivalent of Solaris dmesg

Hi New to Suse - mainly used Solaris. In solaris dmesg will also show you contents of messages log file but in Suse Liux it doesnt appear to. I dont have root access to this Suse server, and wondering is there any other tool / utility that allows me to see the messages file contents like on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Root user not recognizing on Solaris-10 (shadow file corruption)

Hello, I got into a wired state on one of solaris 10 server. When I noticed that server is having some issue, I found that there were dumpadm.conf entries in /etc/shadow and real entries were wiped of. Probably somebody fat fingers. I was able to boot into failsafe, break SVM mirror, copied... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
25 Replies
praliases(1)						      General Commands Manual						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - print system-wide sendmail aliases SYNOPSIS
file] file] [key ...] DESCRIPTION
prints out the contents of the alias data base used by to resolve system-wide mail aliases. The alias data base is built with the command or See sendmail(1M). The options are: Read the configuration file specified with this option instead of the default configuration file. Accesses the alias database built from file with the command If this option is not used, accesses the database built from the default alias file Note that accesses the database, not the alias file itself. If the alias file has changed since the alias database was last built, natu- rally the output of cannot match the contents of the alias file. Each key argument, if any, is looked up in the alias database. prints out the aliases to which each key expands in the form: where mailing list can be a comma-separated list of addresses to which the key resolves. Note can be used by privileged users only. RETURN VALUE
The utility exits with 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. DIAGNOSTICS
key was not found in the alias database. EXAMPLES
The output reveals that is aliased to is aliased to and that there is no alias for the key WARNINGS
Because supports NIS aliases, some NIS key-words may appear in the output. These key-words, which include and may be safely ignored; they merely indicate that is properly updating the alias database. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
default alias file default alias database SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M). praliases(1)