Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX Post 302929804 by C8000 on Friday 26th of December 2014 06:07:31 PM
Old 12-26-2014
ok set up network using final stage of os install , all text based, answered no to DHCP set up manually, ip address entered 192.168.1.18, gateway 192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0

named system c80001
didnt enter any NIS settings or any other network settings

this allows boot to CDE desktop without Desktop messaging error

ok to start your questions
boot to command line (?)
ping 192.168.1.1 to ping gateway
got good result
ping 192.168.1.18 to ping my system
got good result
assume subnet mask at 255.255.255.0 is ok, checked in router manual settings etc
do the speed of lan ports match (????)

do nslookup unix.com
get output of

Using /etc/hosts on: c80001
looking up FILES
*** no address information available for "unix.com"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

11i install error

Hi Experts I have a C3000 workstation onto which I am trying to install 11i however I am running into the following error. ENTRY_INIT failed, status = -4: Unrecoverable hardware error (followed by a hex dump) I have re-tried many times and on one occasion successfully got through to CD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP UX 11i and HP C8000

Hey, i want install HP UX 11i on HP C8000. When i start the C8000 i get a prompt. On this Prompt i write BOot P1 P1 is my DVD-ROM (IDE). I get the Message "ERROR: Not a boot path". When i write SEArch the Prompt said: P0 scsiA.6 HP73.4MAT3073NP P1 ide.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numx
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to install iplanet messaging server 5.2 on solaris 10

hi all, I want to install iplanet messaging service in solaris 10. if it is possible plz send the procedure for installation.its urgent plz regards spandan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

RX2620 11i V3 install halts at load ram disk

Hi there, hope you can help since I'm a novice and playing with this machine to maybe one day use it with our non-profit art project (plantage9.de). I have the proper media for itanium and everything seems okay, loads the DVD etc., until it halts without any progress for hours (see also image... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plantage
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RPM Install error: libc.so.6 is needed by

I have an application rpm which when installed is failing to get installed with error error: Failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by testSam-4.7.x86_64 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by testSam-4.7.x86_64 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by testSam-4.7.x86_64 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
debuginfo-install(1)													      debuginfo-install(1)

NAME
debuginfo-install - install debuginfo packages and their dependencies SYNOPSIS
debuginfo-install package DESCRIPTION
debuginfo-install is a program which installs the RPMs needed to debug the specified package. The package argument can be a wildcard, but will only match installed packages. debuginfo-install will then enable any debuginfo repositories, and install the relevant debuginfo rpm. EXAMPLES
Download and install all the RPMs needed to debug the kernel RPM: debuginfo-install kernel WARNING MESSAGES
Could not find debuginfo for: You may sometimes see warning messages about certain packages not being found if you run debuginfo-install for a wildcard or glob. Debuginfo packages are not necessary for "noarch" RPMs; these will generate a warning message. Additionally, On 64-bit systems, no multilib debuginfo packages are published, so if you have 32-bit packages installed, these will also generate warning messages. FILES
As debuginfo-install uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum-utils.baseurl.org/ http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 21 October 2008 debuginfo-install(1)