Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User permission access
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat User permission access Post 302929751 by gsiva on Thursday 25th of December 2014 10:20:57 PM
Old 12-25-2014
User permission access

Hi folks,

I am trying to grant the access like below items using the setfacl command, but i couldn't achieve as what I required. any other possibility.

username : testing
  1. Readonly access in /form_dl/system/prd/logs
  2. Write only access in /form_dl/system/prd/deploy
  3. No access to other folder.
  4. Preferred chroot location at /form_dl/system/prd
  5. Once sftp in, the home folder is /form_dl/system/prd

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-25-2014 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Reformat list, remove extraneous FONT and COLOR tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission access

i did a search before posting i want to know how to change the permission access for a file / directory. i cant find it in my UNIX book thanks a lot edit: i also need to know what chmod option will allow you to change the permissoin access for a directory and all files and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Combat Form
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

access permission

hi, I have an account (i.e. abc) which is set up to sftp files from server A to server B; on server B, I have an account (i.e. def) which I use to perform various operation which include invoke certain scripts to execute my java programs. These programs use the files received from server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with user permission

hi everyone. i´ve been burning my head for a week now with this problem and i couldn´t find a solution. i´ve been looking for an answer in this forum but nothing either. so i decided to ask. the thing is, i want to create a users with permission to kill just a group of users. i know how to write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasmarin
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User permission

Hi all, I created testuser. by following command. /usr/sbin/adduser -n test -d /disk05/collections/GET/testdata/ and then set its password by following command. passwd testuser When I login to system by testuser, it enters everything is ok. The problem is how to set permission to this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access file permission settings from Windows

Looking to see if there is a tool/crawler that could export the file permissions to a windows for a unix system ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matvrix
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 / NetApp volumes - Forbidden: You don't have permission to access...

Hi all We have a couple of solaris zones running a jboss app in a cluster. Each zone has a shared netapp volume mounted to /app/xxx with everything under that subdir apart from jboss which is local to each zone in /app/jboss-3.2.5 There is a symlink in /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5 which points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
0 Replies

7. Web Development

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Hello, I've set all permissions for all on my Server folders: chmod a+rwx ServerFolder When I browse to localhost:8000 I receive the following error: You don't have permission to access / on this server. why ? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about the access permission of users home directory

RHEL5.0 As we know, when root create a new user, a new home directory will be created : /home/user I want to know what determine the access permission of /home/user . Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special Permission for a user

Hi, I'm newbie to unix. There is a directory, say Testing/ under /home/user1. I have created a user by the name check. I was looking for a way to give the above user read & execute access only to this directory Testing/ while for other remaining files,directories,etc this user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penqueen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux sftp — how to add new user to access exist directory with write permission?

I have built a website and I can access and edit the website'files on server via the root user. The current file and directory structures are not changeable. Now I am hiring a webpage designer to help me re-design some pages, I am going to let the designer edit the files directly on the server. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwo-g-xw
5 Replies
mhpath(1mh)															       mhpath(1mh)

Name
       mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders

Syntax
       mhpath [ +foldername ] [ msgs ] [ -help ]

Description
       Use the command to display the full pathname of the specified folder.  If you do not specify a folder, displays the pathname of the current
       folder.

If you specify a message with its message number, displays the pathname of the specified message.  You can also specify a  number  of  mes-
       sages,  or  a range of messages.  If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, displays as much
       of the specified range as possible.

Additionally can take a keyword or a sequence name.  The following keywords are acceptable:

first	 The first message in the folder.

last	 The last message in the folder.

new	 The message after the last message in the folder.  You cannot use new as part of a message range.

cur	 The current message in the folder.

prev	 The message before the current message.

next	 The message after the current message.

all	 All of the messages in the folder.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

Examples
       In the following example, displays message 3 in the folder
       % mhpath +inbox 3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox

The following example displays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder:
       % mhpath 2-5
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine your Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh)

mhpath(1mh)