Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strip some text and format with new delimited Post 302929716 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 24th of December 2014 02:58:44 PM
Old 12-24-2014
You could also try:
Code:
awk -F'; [^ ]*' '{sub(/[^:]*$/,"00",$1);sub(/;$/,x)}1' OFS=, file

which also produces the same output.
Note that we're all assuming that the OP doesn't mind having a space in the output after the 1st comma in the output (which was not present in the sample desired output in the 1st post in this thread).
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I strip and add tabbed fields to a long text file?

I was wondering if there was a way to modify a tab delimited text file, up to 185,000 lines long by adding a repeated field to a block of 20 data , then repeat the process until the file is processed. The current file looks like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint65
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to strip rows from a text file?

Can an expert kindly write an efficient Linux ksh script that will strip rows with no numbers from a text file? Supposing there are three rows that text file called text.txt : "field1","field2","field3",11,22,33,44 "field1","field2","field3",1,2,3,4 "field1","field2","field3",,,, The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to convert delimited to CSV format

I have a file with the data as follows.. FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 15:03 FILE 1|#END|Jan 22 16:06 FILE 2|#START|Jan 22 5:15 FILE 2|#END|Jan 22 5:25 FILE 3|#START|Jan 22 07:03 FILE 3|#END|Jan 22 08:15 FILE 4|#START|Jan 22 16:09 FILE 4|#END|Jan 22 16:55 FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 18:15 FILE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert this file into comma delimited format

Hi experts, I need urget help! I have the a text file with this format: Types of fruits Name of fruits 1,1 Farm_no,1 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,1 orange,1 banana,1 2,2--->this is the record seperator Farm_no,2 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,3 orange,2 banana,1 3,3--->this is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natalie23
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert a text file into tab delimited format?

I have a text file that made using text editor in Ubuntu. However the text file is not being recognized as space or tab delimited, the formatting seems to be messed up. How can I convert the text file into tab delimited format? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append output in tab delimited format

hello.. i m scripting in Perl and having issue writing the output in specific format..i read two files and run some commands and write output to one file. i want this to be a 2d table, File one has 48 rows and file two has 48 rows, first i take one id from file one, and go to second file, loop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the output of w command in pipe delimited format

Since output of w command have variable number of columns I want to get the output in pipe delimited format. I tried export OFS="|"; w but that does not work. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
LIBXO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LIBXO(3)

NAME
xo_parse_args -- detect, parse, and remove arguments for libxo LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
#include <libxo/xo.h> int xo_parse_args(int argc, char **argv); int xo_set_program(const char *name); DESCRIPTION
The xo_parse_args() function is used to process command-line arguments. libxo specific options are processed and removed from the argument list so the calling application does not need to process them. If successful, a new value for argc is returned. On failure, a message it emitted and -1 is returned. argc = xo_parse_args(argc, argv); if (argc < 0) exit(1); Following the call to xo_parse_args(), the application can process the remaining arguments in a normal manner. libxo uses command line options to trigger rendering behavior. The following options are recognised: --libxo <options> --libxo=<options> --libxo:<brief-options> Options is a comma-separated list of tokens that correspond to output styles, flags, or features: Token Action dtrt Enable "Do The Right Thing" mode html Emit HTML output indent=xx Set the indentation level info Add info attributes (HTML) json Emit JSON output keys Emit the key attribute for keys (XML) no-locale Do not initialize the locale setting no-top Do not emit a top set of braces (JSON) not-first Pretend the 1st output item was not 1st (JSON) pretty Emit pretty-printed output text Emit TEXT output units Add the 'units' (XML) or 'data-units (HTML) attribute warn Emit warnings when libxo detects bad calls warn-xml Emit warnings in XML xml Emit XML output xpath Add XPath expressions (HTML) The ``brief-options'' are single letter commands, designed for those with too little patience to use real tokens. No comma separator is used. Token Action H Enable HTML output (XO_STYLE_HTML) I Enable info output (XOF_INFO) i<num> Indent by <number> J Enable JSON output (XO_STYLE_JSON) P Enable pretty-printed output (XOF_PRETTY) T Enable text output (XO_STYLE_TEXT) W Enable warnings (XOF_WARN) X Enable XML output (XO_STYLE_XML) x Enable XPath data (XOF_XPATH) The xo_set_program() function sets name of the program as reported by functions like xo_failure(), xo_warn(), xo_err(), etc. The program name is initialized by xo_parse_args(), but subsequent calls to xo_set_program() can override this value. Note that the value is not copied, so the memory passed to xo_set_program() (and xo_parse_args()) must be maintained by the caller. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
Complete documentation can be found on github: http://juniper.github.io/libxo/libxo-manual.html libxo lives on github as: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo The latest release of libxo is available at: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/releases SEE ALSO
xo_emit(3) HISTORY
The libxo library was added in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHOR
Phil Shafer BSD
December 4, 2014 BSD