Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Authentication via .htaccess and .htpasswd Post 302929656 by Budrys on Wednesday 24th of December 2014 01:44:06 AM
Old 12-24-2014
Nobody created my site.

In folder that I try to access there is only .htaccess file and index.php file:
Code:
<html><body><h1>It works!</h1>
<p>This is the default web page for this server.</p>
<p>The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.</p>
</body></html>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. Linux

htpasswd command not found

dear unix, need ur help, i have installed apache n apache is working... but i cant use htpasswd , the error said command not found. for web authentucation... thanks for any help :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: click007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to convert passwd file to .htpasswd

I need to take our unix password file and make the usernames and passwords in a .htpasswd file to protect some webpages. I really dont want to type them in. Any suggestions how I do this? /---Frank----/ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolved: htpasswd issues (-b) on FreeBSD

I wrote a script to batch-create directories with .htaccess and .htpasswd files. I am using the following line to create the .htpasswd file: htpasswd -cb .htpasswd $USER $PASS However, I keep getting this message in return: Usage: htpasswd passwordfile username The -c flag creates a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies
WEBSERVER(1)							       mrtg							      WEBSERVER(1)

NAME
webserver - hints for web server configuration SYNOPSIS
If you want people to actually see the results of your network monitoring efforts you will need a webserver. This document lists some configuration hints for webservers. Contributions welcome. APACHE
Configuring mod_expire A big issue with mrtg monitoring data is the expiery time. All these nice graphs you can create are only valid for a short time. If you do not take special action some webbrowsers will not notice this and you may end up with people seeing old data because of caching issues. The apache module mod_expire allows you to setup special expiery properties for individual file. Here is an example for how this may look for an mrtg web directory. The configuration directives can be stored into a .htaccess file. ############################################################ # Example .htaccess for use with apache-1.2 and mod_expire. # (mod_expire come with apache-1.2 but you have to explicitly # activate it when compiling the httpd ...) ############################################################# # <Files "*-day.png"> ExpiresActive On # enable expirations # five minutes ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> <Files "*-week.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M1800 </Files> <Files "*-month.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M7200 </Files> <Files "*-year.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M86400 </Files> <Files "*.html"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> # index.html is not automatically generated <Files "index.html"> ExpiresActive Off </Files> AUTHOR
Unknown 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 WEBSERVER(1)