Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output in table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output in table Post 302929578 by RudiC on Tuesday 23rd of December 2014 05:53:29 AM
Old 12-23-2014
This might do what you want:
Code:
awk -F: 'NR==1                  {print HD
                                 HDCnt=split(HD, HDArr)
                                 HDCM=FS HD FS
                                 NXTREC="^=-=-=-"
                                }

$1 ~ NXTREC && PR      {printf "%s", RES[HDArr[1]]
                                 for (i=2; i<=HDCnt; i++) printf "%s%s", FS, RES[HDArr[i]]
                                 printf "\n"
                                 delete RES
                                }
         $1 ~ NXTREC            {PR=1}

HDCM ~ FS $1 FS        {sub (/\(.*$/, "", $2); RES[$1]=$2}

END                    {printf "%s", RES[HDArr[1]]
                                 for (i=1; i<=HDCnt; i++) printf "%s%s", FS, RES[HDArr[i]]
                                 printf "\n"
                                }
        ' HD="PoolManager name:Total number of connections" file
PoolManager name:Total number of connections
jdbc/AntalisUK.XA: 1 
jdbc/AntalisDE.XA: 0 
::

I've used ":" as the input and output record saparator here; adapt it if need be. If you can make sure there's always a record separator "=-=-=-..." in the end, you can drop the END section.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying output in a table.

Hello, I've just finished my first script (about displaying open ports on the computer and who opened them) and everything is fine with it but I want to style it a little bit just for the sake of learning how to do this. What I want to do is make the display like the one of ps, for example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to create an output file as a table

Hi, I have four input files and would like to create an output file as a table. Please check the example below. File 1. 111111 222222 333333 444444 File 2. 555555 666666 777777 888888 File 3. aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for a syntax output for a table.

Hello Unix Gurus, I need a few instuructions how to approach the following scenarios.For a given TABLENAME a script should display the following structure on the screen.The structure should be as below.for a given perticular table. SELECT *FROM TAB1 a JOIN TAB1 b ON ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel table like output with printf

Hi All; I try to create a excel like table with headers and some fields containing values, other long and complex mathematic formulas. I have some header like : Name Formula Value True/False Under name column, they are some formula names, formula column some long mathematic formulas... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reseki
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in table format

I have one script which generate file called report.txt having following output parameter_name status comment banking ok NA finance 30% hike NA Loan_department ok 20% HR_Group defaulters Ajay I wanted to convert this file into tabular form. You can see each line contain 3 words and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

8. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the output in the mentioned Table format

Hi Friends, I have the script output like below: Script Output: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Details of the Client: ----------------------- name: server1; save set: All; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akmani
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output format like table

Hi, OS: Redhat 7.5 shell: Bash Wrote below script to login into oracle via shell script and trying to reset locked account..It works as expected. But I need specific output << EOF should go to target terminal not all out put running below script from ansible command line.. #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)