Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Restarting/Resetting a USB Port? Post 302929557 by mrm5102 on Monday 22nd of December 2014 05:37:54 PM
Old 12-22-2014
Humm interesting, pretty similar... Too bad is not mgetty they were using. Wish there was a way to manually control mgetty while it's running, like sending it an AT command, but I don't think that's possible..?

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to install the kernel sources I found for my version. Since both of the modems I mentioned are Conexant modems, I'm hoping the driver that came with the Zoom modem will work with the TRENDnet one. Hopefully if I can get that driver compiled tomorrow it will fix this hangup issue... Maybe it will even fix the CID problem with the Zoom modem.

Sorry I missed your question about the modem detecting the DCD... Not sure, but I think it does, but not positive. But I'll have to check up on that one. Is that the same as when I dial into the PC with that USB modem from my laptop, using minicom and another USB modem, and I issue a hangup on my laptop's side I see the message, "NO CARRIER".. Is that the same?

Thanks again for the reply...

Thanks Again,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network on solaris 10, through usb port...(urgent)

hi all, I have been trying to setup network on solaris10 from a long time but am unable to do so.. I tried it with the ethernet card i have(dfe -520tx) but since i was not able to find drivers for that particular device, i thought of using the usb mode to run network.. However am not able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to connect PC's USB port to pSeries system?

Hello AIX Group Members, I have two systems: (1) IBM pSeries 640, 7026-B80. (2) A 5-month old HP laptop with Windows Vista. It has no serial port and only has USB ports on it. My question are: How can I use the laptop as the p640's terminal? How can I make the connection? What type of cable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to watch the usb port

I want to watch the USB ports. If any device is connected to the USB port I want to take the name of the device and I want to log the device name. how to watch all the USB ports. How to find the device is connected in which usb port. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

driver for external drive case on usb port

Hi I have to buy my selfe external case for hdd but I don't know whether my ubuntu linux, needs some driver to be able to work with this device or it has inside of itselfe this driver ? rhx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restarting USB Bluetooth Dongles immediately

Hi @all, i am currently having a Problem: I want to restart 2 USB Bluetooth Dongles from the shell at the same time. It is very important that they are restarted nearly simultaneously, so that their clocks are starting to run at the same time. At the moment i am using a command called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrix
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 does not assign serial port to 3g usb modem?

In ubuntu etopic i create this udev rules for prolink 3g usb modem: SUBSYSTEM=="block", SUBSYSTEM=="scsi", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1e0e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f000", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial Vendor=0X1e0e Product=0Xf000" After plugging the usb modem, ubuntu assigns the ports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsat
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

USB port events linstening

Hi everybody! :) I am a complete newbie. :D Is it possible to write a script (shell or python) to listen to usb port event and to notify me every time an usb storage key is plugged or ejected? I want it to echo the device to mount (eg. /dev/sdb). I wrote an udev rule wich runs a script after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manuhexadec
1 Replies

10. Linux

Connect from USB to serial port of switch

I have someone wanting to connect to the serial management port of a switch from a PC running CentOS6. The management port on the switch is apparently baud 9600, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit & no parity They have plugged in a cable to connect and the output from lsusb is:-Bus 001 Device 001: ID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
UMODEM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UMODEM(4)

NAME
umodem -- USB modem support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device umodem device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umodem_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umodem driver provides support for USB modems in the Communication Device Class using the Abstract Control Model. These modems are basi- cally standard serial line modems, but they are accessed via USB instead. They support a regular AT command set. The commands can either be multiplexed with the data stream or handled through separate pipes. In the latter case the AT commands have to be given on a device separate from the data device. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
Devices supported by the umodem driver include: o 3Com 5605 o Curitel PC5740 Wireless Modem o Kyocera AH-K3001V Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Kyocera WX320K Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Metricom Ricochet GS USB wireless modem o Sierra MC5720 Wireless Modem o Yamaha Broadband Wireless Router RTW65b o ELSA MicroLink 56k USB modem o Sony Ericsson W810i phone SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umodem driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BUGS
Only modems with multiplexed commands and data are supported at the moment. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD