Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run this grep every 10 minutes and do something based on the output Post 302929529 by junior-helper on Monday 22nd of December 2014 12:19:21 PM
Old 12-22-2014
It's simply a matter of taste. I used it to keep the terminal clean(er) Smilie
Sometimes one just doesn't care about the output because we only rely on the exit status, like in this case.
Anyways, &>/dev/null is not mandatory here.

---------- Post updated at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
The redirect will stop you getting messages to standard output ...
It covers standard error, too Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Schedule to run every 3 minutes - CRONTAB

Hello all, I want to run a script every 3 minutes in os level and to send mail. I scheduled in crontab as 3 * * * * /mnt1/monitorscripts/testdbstart.sh I got mail every one hour and I confirmed that the script is running every 1 hour which doesn't meet my requirment. Where I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run every 5 minutes

Hello all, I want to run a script every 5 minutes. How to accomplish this task? Thanks in advance Mrudula (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the shell script for every 15 minutes?

I want to run my shell script for every 15 minutes starting from 12:20AM. I am passing parameter GA to shell script. Does this work? Any one please comment on this? 20 0-23/15 * * * xyz.sh 'GA' > xyz.log 2>&1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 2 lines from File, Run Command based off output

Okay, so I have a file containing line after line of three digit numbers. I need a script that does an action based on the last two numbers in this list. So.... To get the last two numbers, I can have the script do tail -2 filename.txt But where I run into trouble is as follows. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script continuously for 10 minutes

Hi all!! Im using ksh and my OS is Linux. I want to run a script for ten minutes, starting from my current system time. How to acheive this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cronjob for every 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to run the cronjob for every 10 minutes from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Does the below code works? If not, please advise. * * * * * command to be executed ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ └---------------------------------- day of week (0 - 6) (0 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output block of lines in a file based on grep result

Hi I would appreciate your help with this. I have a output file from a command. It is broken based on initial of the users. Exmaple of iitials MN & SS. Under each section there is information pertaining to the user however each section can have different number of lines. MY challenge is to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different output based on run method

Sample Data #cat /mylist.txt /raid/job/123 /raid/job/456 /raid/job/789 # Script #cat /myfind.scr #!/bin/bash touch /nojob.txt touch /job.txt unset dirfolder for dirfolder in `/bin/cat /mylist.txt`;do if then echo $dirfolder >>/job.txt else echo $dirfolder >>/nojob.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run every 2 minutes

Hello Gurus, I want to schedule a cron job which will run every 2 minutes starts at 11:25 AM and 3:25 AM daily. Can you please suggest as how to schedule the job. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)