Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove leading dot and slash on relative paths with find Post 302929460 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 21st of December 2014 11:53:39 PM
Old 12-22-2014
Hello Tribe,

Could you please try following and let us know if this helps, for me it works well(I am using bash).
Code:
find -type f -printf '%P\n'

You can check it in man find as follows too.
Quote:
%P File's name with the name of the command line argument under which it was found removed.
Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get cygpath to leave relative paths as relative?

If I execute mypath=`cygpath -w ../` echo $mypath I get d:\unix\nextVersion\script OK, d:\unix\nextVersion\script is the correct windows version of the path, but it is in absolute form. I would prefer it if cygpath left it in relative form, i.e. echo $mypath should output ..\ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to remove leading spaces

Hi Experts, In a file tht i copied from the web , i am not able to remove the leading white spaces. I tried the below , none of them working . I opened the file through vi to check for the special characters if any , but no such characters found. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and relative paths

HOw can I create a tar file with relative paths find . -depth -print | xargs tar -cvf /tmp/file.tar ? Thanks to all who answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove slash

I got stuck in problem i need to remove slash but it is not working. current output /usr/sbin/httpd expected output usr sbin httpd (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution to remove tailing slash?

Heyas I am trying to remove a tailing space, with substitution. Already tried some multiple escapes with no luck, is that even possible? echo $CHROOT || \ CHROOT="${CHROOT/\/$}" echo $CHROOT return And all i get is: :) paths $ CHROOT=/usr/local/ + paths $ . * /usr/local/ /usr/local/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inspecting leading char in string for slash

In a SCO Unix shop, I am working on the following script to move any file to its same location on the target machine (called 'othersy' here): pwd=`pwd` for i in "$@" do echo " $i " if ; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi rcp -p $i othersy:$pwd/$i echo "Finished with ^ If I find a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove prefixes before dot

Shell : Bash shell I have a text file with entries like below srv.sr_num sr_number, atvx.ATTRIB_37 Product_Name, ktx.X_ATTRIB_52 Product_Type, mkx.created sr_created_date, nbv.sr_cat_type_cd sr_type, bkrx.sr_area sr_category, .. frx.order_id, des.stats_name , fpxg.current_id_name, ...... .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
SCANDIR(3)								 1								SCANDIR(3)

scandir - List files and directories inside the specified path

SYNOPSIS
array scandir (string $directory, [int $sorting_order = SCANDIR_SORT_ASCENDING], [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an array of files and directories from the $directory. PARAMETERS
o $directory - The directory that will be scanned. o $sorting_order - By default, the sorted order is alphabetical in ascending order. If the optional $sorting_order is set to SCANDIR_SORT_DESCEND- ING, then the sort order is alphabetical in descending order. If it is set to SCANDIR_SORT_NONE then the result is unsorted. o $context - For a description of the $context parameter, refer to the streams section of the manual. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of filenames on success, or FALSE on failure. If $directory is not a directory, then boolean FALSE is returned, and an error of level E_WARNING is generated. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | $sorting_orderconstants were added. Any nonzero | | | value caused descending order in previous ver- | | | sions. So for all PHP versions, use 0 for ascend- | | | ing order, and 1 for descending order. An option | | | for SCANDIR_SORT_NONE behavior did not exist | | | prior to PHP 5.4.0. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A simple scandir(3) example <?php $dir = '/tmp'; $files1 = scandir($dir); $files2 = scandir($dir, 1); print_r($files1); print_r($files2); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => . [1] => .. [2] => bar.php [3] => foo.txt [4] => somedir ) Array ( [0] => somedir [1] => foo.txt [2] => bar.php [3] => .. [4] => . ) Example #2 PHP 4 alternatives to scandir(3) <?php $dir = "/tmp"; $dh = opendir($dir); while (false !== ($filename = readdir($dh))) { $files[] = $filename; } sort($files); print_r($files); rsort($files); print_r($files); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => . [1] => .. [2] => bar.php [3] => foo.txt [4] => somedir ) Array ( [0] => somedir [1] => foo.txt [2] => bar.php [3] => .. [4] => . ) NOTES
Tip A URL can be used as a filename with this function if the fopen wrappers have been enabled. See fopen(3) for more details on how to specify the filename. See the "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" for links to information about what abilities the various wrappers have, notes on their usage, and information on any predefined variables they may provide. SEE ALSO
opendir(3), readdir(3), glob(3), is_dir(3), sort(3). PHP Documentation Group SCANDIR(3)