Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Du command and modified date in ssh Post 302929440 by junior-helper on Sunday 21st of December 2014 02:38:48 PM
Old 12-21-2014
Quote:
What should be modified to get this corrected?
Not sure if I understand correctly, but try
Code:
<(ls -lh | sed 1d)

The sed command will remove the first line of the output produced by ls -lh

---------- Post updated at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newuzer
The best way is your previous method. I just need help on the justification part now for the date/time and name columns. - thanks
Try this:
Code:
paste -d' ' \
 <(du -hs * | awk -F'\t' '{printf "%8s\n", $1}') \
 <(ls -lh | awk 'NR>1{for (i=6;i<=NF;i++)
    if ( ((i==7) && (length($i)==1)) || ((i==8) && (length($i)==4)) ) printf " %s ", $i; else printf "%s ", $i;
    print ""}')

The long if line means following: if the field 7 (day of month) is a single digit (field length = 1) OR the field 8 (time) is a year (field length = 4), "space-pad" the particular value (first print the space, then the value + a trailing space), else print it "as is" + add a trailing space.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last modified date of a file?

I am trying to load a group of files and their last dates modified into a text file that will in turn be used with SQL*Loader to load these files into Oracle. I am using a *.ksh script. I am getting the name of the file in by using the following: for file_ext in 'cat loaddir.ext'; do find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akpopa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Modified Date

Hello, I'm on a practical training and i have to change a shell script which print out a HTML-File with all Printers (and features example: IP, Mac etc.) they have in the factory. The Features of the Printers are on each separate file. i mean every printer have an own file with it features. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping certain modified date

i have a k shell script that grep less than certain modified date ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh for i in * do day=`ls -ltr | grep $i | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f6-7 | awk 'substr($0,7,4)substr($0,1,5)substr($0,11)<"Feb 1"' ` echo $day done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Modified Date for subfolders

Sorry for the basic question, but I have a feeling that my developers are circumventing our change control process, and I want to be able to easily keep track of the last modified date of sub-folders of the production folder. Basically, we have this major folder PROD, and then each application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search by modified date

Hello, How can i search for all the files in a particular directory which are not updated from past 5 days. Thanks, Sateesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

current date modified file

Hi , In my directory , i have many days file but i want to see all those which are of todays date. i tried this but it gives all the files mtime -0 |ls -ltr I tried the below option as well. 19635 find -iname "*.LOG" -mtime 19636 ls -ltr *.LOG -mtime -1 19637 ls -ltr *.LOG... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

9. AIX

How do I display a file's last modified date?

I'm using a script that I need to get a file's "last modified date" in a format like 01:51:14 PM. We are running on AIX 6.1.0.0. I can't seem to find the right command parameters. Help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattadams1983
4 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)