Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Du command and modified date in ssh Post 302929421 by junior-helper on Sunday 21st of December 2014 07:56:47 AM
Old 12-21-2014
Code:
paste -d' ' \
<(du -hs * | awk -F'\t' '{printf "%8s\n", $1}') \
<(ls -lh | awk 'NR>1{for (i=6;i<=NF;i++) printf "%s ", $i; print ""}')

The paste command lets the two input streams merge.

<(du -hs * ...)
Only first column (correct dir/file size) is used and printed right aligned.
<(ls -lh ...)
All columns from (including) column 6 until the end of the line are used (timestamp + file name).
Note I used NR>1 in the awk command to skip the first line, because the first line produced by ls -lh is total 56K (on my system, in the test directory) which is not needed. You may want to remove NR>1 if there is no total line in your output produced by ls -lh.
This User Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last modified date of a file?

I am trying to load a group of files and their last dates modified into a text file that will in turn be used with SQL*Loader to load these files into Oracle. I am using a *.ksh script. I am getting the name of the file in by using the following: for file_ext in 'cat loaddir.ext'; do find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akpopa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Modified Date

Hello, I'm on a practical training and i have to change a shell script which print out a HTML-File with all Printers (and features example: IP, Mac etc.) they have in the factory. The Features of the Printers are on each separate file. i mean every printer have an own file with it features. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping certain modified date

i have a k shell script that grep less than certain modified date ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh for i in * do day=`ls -ltr | grep $i | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f6-7 | awk 'substr($0,7,4)substr($0,1,5)substr($0,11)<"Feb 1"' ` echo $day done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Modified Date for subfolders

Sorry for the basic question, but I have a feeling that my developers are circumventing our change control process, and I want to be able to easily keep track of the last modified date of sub-folders of the production folder. Basically, we have this major folder PROD, and then each application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search by modified date

Hello, How can i search for all the files in a particular directory which are not updated from past 5 days. Thanks, Sateesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

current date modified file

Hi , In my directory , i have many days file but i want to see all those which are of todays date. i tried this but it gives all the files mtime -0 |ls -ltr I tried the below option as well. 19635 find -iname "*.LOG" -mtime 19636 ls -ltr *.LOG -mtime -1 19637 ls -ltr *.LOG... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

9. AIX

How do I display a file's last modified date?

I'm using a script that I need to get a file's "last modified date" in a format like 01:51:14 PM. We are running on AIX 6.1.0.0. I can't seem to find the right command parameters. Help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattadams1983
4 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
SETFILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SETFILE(1)

NAME
/usr/bin/SetFile -- set attributes of files and directories SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/SetFile [-P] [-a attributes] [-c creator] [-d date] [-m date] [-t type] file ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/SetFile is a tool to set the file attributes on files in an HFS+ directory. It attempts to be similar to the setfile command in MPW. It can apply rules to more than one file with the options applying to all files listed. Flags: -P Acts on a symlink file instead on the file the symlink resolves to. -a attributes Sets the file attributes bits where attributes is a string of case sensitive letters. Each letter corresponds to a file attribute: an uppercase letter indicates that the attribute bit is set (1), a lowercase letter indicates that it is not (0). Note: attributes not specified remain unchanged. A | a Alias file B | b Has bundle C | c Custom icon (allowed on folders) D | d Located on the desktop (allowed on folders) E | e Extension is hidden (allowed on folders) I | i Inited - Finder is aware of this file and has given it a location in a window. (allowed on folders) L | l Locked M | m Shared (can run multiple times) N | n File has no INIT resource S | s System file (name locked) T | t "Stationery Pad" file V | v Invisible (allowed on folders) Z | z Busy (allowed on folders) -c creator Specifies the file's creator, where creator can be a string of four MacRoman characters, an empty string ('') designating a null creator, or a binary, decimal, octal, or hexadecimal number in standard notation (e.g. 0x52486368). -d date Sets the creation date, where date is a string of the form: "mm/dd/[yy]yy [hh:mm:[:ss] [AM | PM]]" Notes: Enclose the string in quotation marks if it contains spaces. The date must be in the Unix epoch, that is, between 1/1/1970 and 1/18/2038. If the year is provided as a two-digit year, it is assumed to be in the 21st century and must be from 00 (2000) through 38 (2038). -m date Sets the modification date where date is a string of the form in -d above. (mm/dd/[yy]yy [hh:mm:[:ss] [AM | PM]]) -t type Sets the file type, where type can be a string of four MacRoman characters, an empty string ('') designating a null type, or a binary, decimal, octal, or hexadecimal number in standard notation (e.g. 0x55455955). RETURN VALUES
0 attributes set 1 syntax error 2 any other error SEE ALSO
GetFileInfo(1) EXAMPLES
This command line sets the modification date of "myFile": SetFile -m "8/4/2001 16:13" myFile Mac OS X January 4, 2009 Mac OS X