Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get List of users+IPs
Operating Systems AIX Get List of users+IPs Post 302929327 by entropy1980 on Friday 19th of December 2014 01:05:27 PM
Old 12-19-2014
Get List of users+IPs

Hello!

We have an AIX box (6.3), we are looking for a way to get list of logged in users and their IP. The issue we have is running
Code:
who -ub

shows hostname and we are wanting to get the ip. Any suggestions of ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of IPs & database lookup

I am trying to feed a list of IP's to do lookups from a database. My script works only for the first IP but all subsequent IPs output as 'unknown'. #!/usr/bin/php -q <? $ip = file('ip.txt'); foreach ($ip as $ip_num => $ip) { echo $ip; $out=sprintf("%u", ip2long($ip)); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazno
1 Replies

2. Programming

Get the list of logged in users

How can I get the list of logged in users in the system programmatically? I can get the list with 'who' or 'users' commands but I need to get the list programmatically... May someone help, please? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to list locked users in hp-ux?

Actually.I have 2 questions to ask. 1. how to list locked account in hp-ux? 2.how to list locked account in linux(redhat)? I can use the command "passwd -S -username" to list a account who were locked . who knows how to list all locked accounts with one command. Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a list of IPs

Hello, I have a dump of IPs (around 2 million) and i need to filter out(delete) 37 IPs from this list. Here is a short list of IPs that i would need deleted 111.111.xxx.xxx 123.123.xxx.xxx 127.x.x.x 98.20.xx.xxx 10.135.xxx.xxx 11.105.xxx.xx 100.100.xxx.xxx 101.xxx.xx.xxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Ips from a list file

Hi Everyone, I typed a command: awk '{ print $1}' $LOGFILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr > $DEST/a.txt And I got file a.txt which show 6 1.1.1.1 3 2.2.2.2 2 3.3.3.3 1 4.4.4.4 Just now, I want to get exact ips which has first column > 5 to a file b.txt. In this situation, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List system users and..

Hello i need fast help... script which will list only human users from /etc/passwd and find out if they have something in home. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentoscz
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of users

Hello!Does anybody know how to solve this script: ,,write a shell script which displays a list of names of users who have created files "*. c" in the last day."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theodoraa
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users list

Hi i would like to know were the folder that contain file with list of all users ? And were i can learn about what kind of folder i have and wheat they have inside? question 2. when i write ls -a i see all directories and then i choose for example Documents and inside Documents i typed again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iliya24
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_ISSUE(8)