Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading specific range of columns in an Excel file Post 302929188 by DGPickett on Thursday 18th of December 2014 01:58:58 PM
Old 12-18-2014
Just filter rows and columns after the "for each row/column".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert fields from a text file to excel columns

i have this file which has the following contents: ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 i would like to get this: -0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9 so far i am trying: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%f\n",$i)}}' test1 > test2 any help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort columns in excel(csv) file

i want sort columns with headers based on another file headers file1 eg: i'm having an empty file with only coumn names like lastname firstname title expirydate stlcno status etc... another file with same column names and some other as well but in different order... file2 eg:firstname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Man83Nagesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To compare first two columns in an excel file

Hi All, i have a excel sheet with two columns as below. column1 column2 100 100 200 300 300 400 400 400 500 600 i need to compare the values these two columns and the output should be printed in the third column...if these values are equal the output should be green and if these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding a specific range of character in file

hi, I want to store from 102 character to 128 character to a variable of header record which can be identified as 'HDR' which is the first 3 characters in the same line of a same.txt file. Please advise. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding file with a specific range

Hi All, Thanks in advance File is generated with following format 31000000.xml to 48999999.xml 74000000.xml to 88999999.xml Above range should be find and moved into the folder named abc and below is another range should should be find and moved into folder named xyz ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete columns with numbers in an excel file?

Dear all, I have one file (see below) with more then 100 columns and 2500 rows, and need only column which has GType in label with Alphabets, please help me to remove these columns with numbers. input file is n.201.GType n-201.Theta n-201.R n_1.GType n_1.Theta n_1.R... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need specific columns in a log file as excel.

Hi All... I am in need of few columns from a log file.. in .xls file... below is what i have tried. my log file has 16 colums with " ; " as delimiter, but i need randomn columns 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 16 in an excel. I tried to awk the columns with delimiter ; and it worked, below is the log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to accept specific columns from excel

Hi All, I have below perl script which writes xml from .xls file. Now i want to add below two conditions in this script : 1. to check if the the input .xls file has ony two columns , if more tahn two columns then script should pop up an error. 2. If there are two columns , then first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading from a tab delimited excel file

So I have a file1.txt that is tab delimited: e.g. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 FIELD4 FIELD5 9545641 123 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54895 'CANADA' 9456465 456 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54893 'CANADA' 8746512 789 "Neighbor and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies
funtablerowget(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funtablerowget(3)

NAME
FunTableRowGet - get Funtools rows SYNOPSIS
#include <funtools.h> void *FunTableRowGet(Fun fun, void *rows, int maxrow, char *plist, int *nrow) DESCRIPTION
The FunTableRowGet() routine retrieves rows from a Funtools binary table or raw event file, and places the values of columns selected by FunColumnSelect() into an array of user structs. Selected column values are automatically converted to the specified user data type (and to native data format) as necessary. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this row data. The second rows argument is the array of user structs into which the selected columns will be stored. If NULL is passed, the routine will automatically allocate space for this array. (This includes proper allocation of pointers within each struct, if the "@" pointer type is used in the selection of columns. Note that if you pass NULL in the second argument, you should free this space using the standard free() system call when you are finished with the array of rows.) The third maxrow argument specifies the maximum number of rows to be returned. Thus, if rows is allocated by the user, it should be at least of size maxrow*sizeof(evstruct). The fourth plist argument is a param list string. Currently, the keyword/value pair "mask=transparent" is supported in the plist argument. If this string is passed in the call's plist argument, then all rows are passed back to the user (instead of just rows passing the filter). This is only useful when FunColumnSelect() also is used to specify "$region" as a column to return for each row. In such a case, rows found within a region have a returned region value greater than 0 (corresponding to the region id of the region in which they are located), rows passing the filter but not in a region have region value of -1, and rows not passing any filter have region value of 0. Thus, using "mask=transparent" and the returned region value, a program can process all rows and decide on an action based on whether a given row passed the filter or not. The final argument is a pointer to an int variable that will return the actual number of rows returned. The routine returns a pointer to the array of stored rows, or NULL if there was an error. (This pointer will be the same as the second argument, if the latter is non-NULL). /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf+i; /* rearrange some values. etc. */ ev->energy = (ev->pi+ev->pha)/2.0; ev->pha = -ev->pha; ev->pi = -ev->pi; } /* write out this batch of rows */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } As shown above, successive calls to FunTableRowGet() will return the next set of rows from the input file until all rows have been read, i.e., the routine behaves like sequential Unix I/O calls such as fread(). See evmerge example code for a more complete example. Note that FunTableRowGet() also can be called as FunEventsGet(), for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funtablerowget(3)