Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gcc .bz2
Operating Systems HP-UX Gcc .bz2 Post 302929148 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 18th of December 2014 07:18:34 AM
Old 12-18-2014
.bz2 files can be unpacked with bzip2. This is on a lot of different UNIXes. You can compile it yourself from:

bzip2 : Downloads
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bz2 compression

I have heard that bz2 compression a relatively new compression encoding algorithm, far superior to tar and gz. I also remember that I downloaded a FreeBSD LiveCD a while back that was only a couple hundred megs instead of the usual 650ish using bz2 - big difference, I'd say. But to the point, what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extracting from tar.bz2

hi could any body tell me how to extract .tar.bz2 files i tried using tar but in vain. i found bzip2 in googling but i could not find it on machine unix tru64 please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two tar.bz2

Hello, I am using a bash script to archive directories of text files located in ${root}: tar cf ${root}.tar ${root}* bzip2 ${root}.tar I'd like to compare the newly produced archive two.tar.bz2 with the second latest one.tar.bz2. cmp one.tar.bz2 two.tar.bz2 returns one.tar.bz2 two.tar.bz2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library ?

Hi, I am trying to unpack and install .tar.bz2 library. I was told to cd / and than tar -jxvf /source-of-library-file?...tar.bz2 to get files unpacked and installed into / Darius $ pwd / $ $ tar -jxvf /tmp/local/root/ncurses-dev-addon.tar.bz2 ncurses-dev-addon/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bz2 extension file

How to open a .bz2 file in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to extract bz2-00 file

I have a file having name smthing.tar.bz2-00 I am trying to unzip it using tar -xvjf "name" But I am not able to unzip it. PLease advise for the issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one tar.bz2 file to another tar.bz2

Hi experts, I have two tar.bz2 file,: a.tar.bz2 and b.tar.bz2 I want to put a.tar.bz2 in to b.tar.bz2 eg: b.tar.bz2 only have one file named "b.c" contained I want it contain "b.c and a.tar.bz2" I don't want to decompress the b.tar.bz2 to achieve this, I try with "cat a.tar.bz2 >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Download firefox-19.0.2.tar.bz2

Does anyone know a reliable source to download firefox-19.0.2.tar.bz2 from? I would think you be able to download from firefox or mozilla somewhere. I haven't gotten anything useful from my google searches. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. Programming

Aria2c to download and extract. tar.bz2

I am using aria2c to download a .tar.bz2 and trying to extract it in the same command. I can download the file but not extract it. I can also manually extract the tar.bz2., but not in the same command. Thank you :). aria2c -x8 -l log.txt -c -d /xx/xx/xxx --use-head=true --http-user "<user>" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)