Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Boost library path for cmake & make Post 302929093 by DGPickett on Wednesday 17th of December 2014 04:12:09 PM
Old 12-17-2014
Try adding the dir to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, since it is a dynamic link. If not root priviledged, you can make into a differeint install prefix using configure argument --prefix=, and link/copy the libs in there.

Last edited by DGPickett; 12-17-2014 at 05:22 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

library path

How do you get an application to use an alternate library? Dave:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nucca
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

removing library path

Hi Everyone I have written an installer dependant on several shared libraries. I am attempting to strip the full path from these dependant libraries using the chatr command via a script file but am having no success. Running ldd on the intaller exe fails with the following error. Cant open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
4 Replies

3. Solaris

boost thread not accessible to boost::move error

Hi All I am working unders Sun Solaris and I am not "/opt/boost/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp", line 344: Error: boost::thread::thread(boost::thread&) is not accessible from boost::move(boost::detail::thread_move_t<boost::thread>). Do you know if there are other solutions other than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

library path in linux

Is there something which is an alternative to the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH? The behaviour of this variable is that the path specified here will be checked before checking usual paths. But I want to have some folders checked for shared libraries after the usual paths. i.e usual paths have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix Library path variables.

Library path variables. I need to know the library rnvironment variable in linux. Ie, I install zlib directory in the custom path /usr/local/mylib and give --enable-zlib in the ffmpeg install, ffmpeg should check for the zlib libraries in the path /usr/local/mylib. Currently it checks /usr/lib... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Library on Remote machine or $PATH is not working..

I don't know how to put this. However here is the problem. While executing command remotely on a Unix machine i get an error /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libxerces-c.sl.21'. However when i execute the command on the remote machine locally. it works fine. Also i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
2 Replies

7. Programming

cmake and boost library installation problem

hi all, I am new to linux and C++ programming so I'm posting in hope of some help. I am trying to install a C++ library using boost and cmake but I keep gettin this error in the terminal: CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1199 (message): Unable to find the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter_071
9 Replies

8. Programming

Boost.Test and CMake

Hi, I just started using CMake and the Boost Libraries. In this progress I encountered some problems. One of these problems is combining Boost unit tests with cmake. I don't know how to set the whole project up. I tried to set up a simple test project. This contains a main.cpp a comp.cpp and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCoyote
0 Replies

9. Programming

C++ library path

Hello, How to set up the path for downloaded C/C++ libraries (or, header files) so that they can be included like system headers (stdio.h or iostream)? The libraries/headers are from a package containing different folders each has different sets of headers and put in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

10. Programming

Library/header path for ./configure

Hello, I am always confused about adding library path for ./configure when compiling software under Linux Debian based OS. For example the README of the software tells --with-boost=PATH specify directory for the boost header files --with-mpi=PATH specify prefix directory for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
libgcrypt-config(1)						   User Commands					       libgcrypt-config(1)

NAME
libgcrypt-config - helper script for building with libgcrypt SYNOPSIS
libgcrypt-config [--version] [--prefix=dir] [--cflags] [--libs] [--exec-prefix=dir] [--api-version] [--algorithms] DESCRIPTION
The libgcrypt-config tool is used to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the libgcrypt library. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program using the specified library. --exec-prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the exec installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link with the specified library. --prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if the --exec-prefix option is not specified. --version Print the currently installed version of the library on the standard output. --api-version Print the currently installed version of the api on the standard output. --algorithms Print the currently installed algorithms the library contains on the standard output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the libgcrypt library version example% libgcrypt-config --version Example 2: Determining the libraries required to link with the libgcrypt library example% libgcrypt-config --libs EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config Executable for libgcrypt helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibgcrypt-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libgcrypt(3), pkg-config(1), attributes(5) Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 10 Jan 2008 libgcrypt-config(1)