Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS file transfer limitation
Operating Systems HP-UX NFS file transfer limitation Post 302929028 by vbe on Wednesday 17th of December 2014 04:38:43 AM
Old 12-17-2014
If you exported from HP-UX to linux then what do you mean by
Quote:
i have already done everything in linux side for exporting.
?
You are moving from which box to which box?
Because I have never heard of a limitation on HP-UX side, I used to on 11.11 when changing disks from boxes (ok on SAN...) used to mount NFS between HP-UX and copy far more... (up to 72GB...) the only difference is the size of file... I dont remember if I did with files that size because not sure I had anything like that... and it was more that 4 years ago...
But I remember some solaris doing FTP with big files bringing down networks years ago that is why I say time is important, have you checked the elapsed time each time with / with no gziped? does it give always the same result?
That sort of thing I may consider using other commands than a mv via NFS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unix group file limitation

Does anyone know how to get around the unix group file limitation whereby you have a limit of 1024 characters when adding users to a unix group? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmillie
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Linux

File size limitation for rcp

Hi I am trying to rcp a file from Solaris box to Linux. When the file size is 2,205,255,047, the rcp fails with the message Jan 10 01:11:53 hqsas167 rsh: pam_authenticate: error Authentication failed However when I rcp a file with smaller size - 9,434,477 - the rcp completes with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schoubal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetchmail - log file size limitation

Hi, I am using fetchmail in my application so as to download mails to the localhost where the application is hosted from the mailserver.Fetchmail is configured as as to run as a daemon polling mails during an interval of 1sec. So my concern here is, during each 2sec it is writing two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS to NAS transfer

Hey guys, My servers run Solaris 10. I have to move data from my NFS mount drives into the NAS storage area with all the same permissions ( for the users and programs and everything else). Can any one help me please ?? Thanks. MisterKhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend 2 GB file size limitation

Hello All, I am using a SunOS machine. My application creates output files for the downstream systems. However output files are restricted to 2GB of file size in SunOS due to which I am forced to create multiple files which is not supported by the downstream due to some limitations. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading file,looping and limitation

I have 2 functions on AIX. Func_A () { .... .... } Func_B () { .... .... } And I have a abc.txt file (multiple lines) and I would like to read line by line and pass line by line to Func_A & Func_B. once Func_A is done,pass same value to Func_B and in the mean time get second line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jang
5 Replies

9. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
flow-cat(1)						      General Commands Manual						       flow-cat(1)

NAME
flow-cat -- Concatenate flow files SYNOPSIS
flow-cat [-aghmp] [-b big|little] [-C comment] [-d debug_level] [-o filename] [-t start_time] [-T start_time] [-z z_level] [file|directory ...] DESCRIPTION
The flow-cat utility processes files and/or directories of files in the flow-tools format. The resulting concatenated data set is written to the standard output or file specified by -o. If file is a single dash (`-') or absent, flow-cat will read from the standard input. OPTIONS
-a Do not ignore filenames that begin with tmp. -b big|little Byte order of output. -C Comment Add a comment. -d debug_level Enable debugging. -g Sort file list by capture start time before processing. -h Display help. -m Disable the use of mmap(). -p Preload headers. Use to preserve meta information such as lost flows. -o file Write to file instead of the standard out. -t start_time Select flow files up to start_time. If used with -T select files between start_time and end_time. -T end_time Select flow files after end_time. If used with -t select files between start_time and end_time. -z z_level Configure compression level to z_level. 0 is disabled (no compression), 9 is highest compression. file|directory... Process the files and/or directory. TIME
/DATE parsing start_time and end_time parsing is implemented with getdate.y, a commonly used function to process free-form time date specifications. Example usage borrowed from cvs: 1 month ago 2 hours ago 400000 seconds ago last year last Monday yesterday a fortnight ago 3/31/92 10:00:07 PST January 23, 1987 10:05pm 22:00 GMT EXAMPLES
Concatenate all flow files begining with ft-v05.2001-05.01, use flow-print to display the results. flow-cat ft-v05.2001-05-01.* | flow-print Concatenate flow files in /flows/krc4, store store the output in compressed.flows at compression level 9 (best). The headers are preloaded so various metadata such as the flow count is correct in the result. Filenames begining with tmp which are typically in-progress flow files from flow-capture are not processed. flow-cat -p -z9 /flows/krc4 > compressed.flows BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-cat(1)