Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Best guide or video for gdb <register level debugging> Post 302929019 by Gopi Krishna P on Wednesday 17th of December 2014 01:44:50 AM
Old 12-17-2014
Best guide or video for gdb <register level debugging>

would like to know best guide or document for gdb for different architectures x86 , power pc etc..
would like to understand how to debug segmentation faults because of stack corruption ..
understand utilities ELF , objdump etc..
please guide me

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Debugging 64bit code with gdb and ddd in AIX

I'm trying to use the GDB debugger and DDD to debug 64bit code. It seems that the AIX toolkit gdb version 6.0 works with 64bit code. But the ddd tool when running gdb gives the following errors : Starting program: <my binary> <my params> warning: "": not in executable format: There is an input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean66
2 Replies

2. Programming

Debugging a running process in GDB

Hi , Any gdb user could see my problem. Let me describe what i want to do. i have a test utility to send message to running process. My interest is to go through to functions calls when my test case starts. In a simple way i want have a code walk for a particular scenario of a test... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet123321
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation on OS level or application level

We have a RHEL 5.8 server at the production level and we have a Java application on this server. I know of the SSL certificate generation at the OS (RHEL) level but it is implemented on the Java application by our development team using the Java keytool. My doubt is that is the SSL generation can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GDB Debugging Problem

I have added some code in my file. I have created executable rpm file of our code and also I have created debuginfo and debugsource files and installed all three. But when I debug in gdb I see the the code changes in soucre file. But the break point does not hit at that place as if it did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Gdb error while debugging core file

Hi, I am trying to analyze one core file on my RHEL 6.5, but I am getting below error related to the core file. So I am not getting any stack trace about the crash. # gdb MyDebugBin /var/core/MyDebugBin.27005 GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.2-60.el6_4.1) Copyright (C) 2010 Free... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

7. Programming

64 bit code debugging using gdb and ddd

Hello I have built our application on AIX 7.1 as a 64 bit application. My queries are as follows: Can a 32bit gdb (v7.6) and ddd (data display debugger - v3.3.12), debug a 64bit executable ? If I have a small 64bit a.exe executable that seems to work. If I have a more complicated executable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biju64
4 Replies
TV_CHECK(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      TV_CHECK(1p)

NAME
tv_check - Check TV guide listings SYNOPSIS
tv_check --configure|--scan [other options] DESCRIPTIONS
tv_check is a Perl script that reads in a file with show information and checks it against a TV guide listing, reporting on upcoming episodes and alerting you to unexpected episodes or schedule changes. OPTIONS
--configure Run configuration GUI. Either this option or --scan must be provided. --season-reset special --configure option to remove everything but the title to help new season setup. The idea is to keep everything a "title-only" search until seasons begin. Then you update the details including record device. *expirimental* --scan Scan TV listings. Either this option or --configure must be provided. --myreplaytv=UNIT,USERNAME,PASSWORD ** Feature removed ** This option used to auto-populate a config file based on myreplaytv.com. --shows=FILE Specify the name of XML shows file (default: shows.xml). --guide=FILE, --listings=FILE Specify the name of XML guide file (default: guide.xml). --html Generate output in HTML format. --bluenew Highlights new episodes in blue (helpful back when there was an off-season) --output=FILE Write to FILE rather than standard output --help Provide a usage/help listing. SEE ALSO
xmltv(5). AUTHOR
Robert Eden; manpage by Kenneth J. Pronovici. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-13 TV_CHECK(1p)