Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decrypt ssha1 password
Operating Systems AIX Decrypt ssha1 password Post 302929011 by omonoiatis9 on Wednesday 17th of December 2014 01:04:23 AM
Old 12-17-2014
yes if a user has 5 unsuccessfull login attempts then the account is locked.
but i check the counter anyway and the number is still below 5 when the user complains.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encrypt and decrypt password

how do i encrypt and decrypt a password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanwish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi -x <filename>.x "script to decrypt w/out asking password"

I'm a newbee in unix. Could anyone help me how to decrypt this using a script w/out asking me for a key. I want the key to be included in the script so everytime I will run the script it will automatically open without aksing me to insert the key. vi -x <myfile>.x (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boyet
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To decrypt encrypted password

Hi folks, What will be the easy way to decrypt encrypted passwords on MySQL table. Googling brought me many suggestions on crypt/decrypt running scripts. Please advise. TIA Remark: I think the encrypt function of MySQL uses the Unix crypt command to encrypt B.R. satimis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Very slow decrypt

Hi Folks, Currently restoring some data that has been encrypted using the naitive Solaris encrypt/decrypt commands. Taking ages, anyone used these before and are they usually really slow? Thanks Rgrds Martin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and Decrypt

I have script for all oracle prod db. I have hard coded the username / password. I need a mechanism to encode and decode the username / password in a shell script. Another challenge is I use the username and password in a Select command for oracle DB. How can call the decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
2 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with password algorithm ssha1

Hello, I have an AIX 6.1 machine and a few months ago i changed the default password algorithm to ssha1 after suggestions of our security department that it is a more secure algorithm to encrypt passwords rather than standard AIX algorithm. I noticed that i am having some problems every now and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Encrypt and Decrypt a File with Password

Hello, I have few files on unix which are payroll related and I need them to encrypt with password so others wouldn't see the data. I use ETL tool and would like to know the unix command that does encryption/decryption to use in the ETL. Thank you, Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
3 Replies
yppasswdd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      yppasswdd(8)

NAME
yppasswdd, rpc.yppasswdd - server daemon for modifying the Network Information Service (NIS) password file SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.yppasswdd file [-m arg1 arg2...] DESCRIPTION
The yppasswdd daemon is a server that handles password change requests from yppasswd(1). It changes a password entry in the specified file, which is assumed to be in the same format described in passwd(4). An entry in file will be changed only if the password presented by yppasswd(1) matches the encrypted password of that entry. If the -m option is given, then after file is modified, a make(1) will be performed in /var/yp. Any arguments following the option will be passed to make. The -m option should be set only at a NIS master server machine. This server is not run by default, nor can it be started up from inetd(8). If it is desired to enable remote password updating for the NIS, then an entry for yppasswdd should be put in the /sbin/init.d/nis file of the host serving as the master for the NIS passwd file. SECURITY NOTE
When enhanced security is installed and NIS is used to distribute the protected password authentication database, the yppasswdd daemon man- ages writes to that database. A strict C2 security policy, which is optionally configurable using enhanced security, requires each user login or login failure to be recorded in the protected password authentication database. These updates, in combination with password changes and system administration functions affecting user accounts, are coordinated by the daemon. EXAMPLES
If the NIS password file is stored as /var/yp/src/passwd, then to have password changes propagated immediately, the server should be invoked as: /usr/sbin/rpc.yppasswdd /var/yp/src/passwd -m passwd DIR= /var/yp/src FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: yppasswd(1), ypmake(8) Files: passwd(4), ypfiles(4) yppasswdd(8)