Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter) Post 302929007 by aimy on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 10:02:18 PM
Old 12-16-2014
Tools Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi.

How do I achieve this

Code:
sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt

The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this
Code:
sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh @/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql Complete_List.txt

But now I have to pass a single parameter called ${file_name} that has been set on top to the @/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql as well.

So how should I write the syntax?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-19-2014 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Grammar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting the out value parameter of a DB call in the ksh file

Hi all Im calling a DB procedure as foll sqlplus -s $DB_USERID/$DB_PASSWD@$DB_NAME<<eof var var1 VARCHAR2(200); exec ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE.retrieve_user_info(:var1); eof echo $var1 This echo is giving a blank. Also in case the package ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE is in an un compiled... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sam123
2 Replies

3. AIX

Audit problem : A system call received a parameter that is not valid.

while i try to start the audit i have the below error message . audit>audit start ** auditing enabled already A system call received a parameter that is not valid. please advice (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call stored procedure with CLOB out parameter from shell script?

I have written a stored procedure in oracle database, which is having a CLOB OUT parameter. How can i call this stored procedure from shell script and get the CLOB object in shell script variable? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving a parameter which is passed as parameter

Hi, I have the following files. ->cat scr.sh export TMP_DIR=/home/user/folder1 export TMP_DIR_2=/home/user/folder2 while read line do cat "$line" done<file_list.dat ------------------------ -> cat file_list.dat $TMP_DIR/file1.txt $TMP_DIR_2/file2.txt --------------------------- -> cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barath
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To call Oracle procedure by reading parameter file in UNIX

hi Guys, is there a way to pass parameter into oracle store procedure by reading date range in file and increment accordingly. Something like this file.txt 01-JAN-2015 03-JAN-2015 sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB execute TEST( to_date( '01-JAN-2015, 'dd.mm.yyyy' ), to_date( '03-JAN-2015', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call script parameter based on dates

Hi Guys, I am having a script which needs to be iterated based on date passed and itrate based on no of months given. #!/bin/bash var_d=$1 months=$2 sh invoke_script var_d i need to iterate the inside script something like below sh invoke_script 170101 sh invoke_script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
4 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)