Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What is the purpose of /aha fs in AIX. how we can make use of this feature ? Post 302928970 by blackrageous on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 03:37:51 PM
Old 12-16-2014
Part of AIX Event Monitoring framework...this article at IBM Developerworks is a good introduction.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

J need help to make callback by Modem (AIX)

Are there any of you who have a description which can help me to make a callback on AIX. My userīs call in by a telefonnumber at I want AIX to disconnect the line and make a callback to the user who had logged on AIX. The advantage of this is we have security on who we allow to call our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carsten Lesmark
2 Replies

2. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to configure Adaptec AHA-2930CU

Need a procedure on how to configure adaptec SCSI pci card. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
6 Replies

4. AIX

Can I make application for AIX while working on Linux Box

Hi all, I had a large application created using Visual C++. I ported that application using WINE to the Linux platform (ofcourse x86). Now I have to port the same application to AIX which runs over IBM mainframe. I dont have mainframe available but it is required for me to port my application to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noble_curious
1 Replies

5. AIX

Does anyone know the version of make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3?

Could you tell me the version of default make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redraiment
2 Replies

6. AIX

gnu make fir AIX 5.3 and gcc 3.3.2

Hi all i had installed gcc version 3.3.2 on my AIX 5.3 machine. which make utility i have to instal so it will fit the gcc version tnx skfn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skfn1203
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In AIX, what is the difference between installp and make install?

I've used installp to install packages but when is it ideal to use make install? Havent had the opportunity to use this yet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of <>

Hi, I have read from the book that , <> causes the file to be used as both input as well as output. Can anyone give me the scenario where <> will be useful? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
10 Replies

9. AIX

How to integrate AIX Client LPAR to make use of existing MS AD LDAP ?

Hi All, Its regarding the LDAP in AIX. we already have Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP) Server. And would like to integrate My client AIX LPAR to this LDAP server. So' that we can directly use Active directory crdentials to login. (instead of creating USERs on AIX) from my AIX LPAR. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies
dat_evd_free(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions					dat_evd_free(3DAT)

NAME
dat_evd_free - destroy an instance of the Event Dispatcher SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_evd_free ( IN DAT_EVD_HANDLE evd_handle ) PARAMETERS
evd_handle Handle for an instance of the Event Dispatcher. DESCRIPTION
The dat_evd_free() function destroys a specified instance of the Event Dispatcher. All events on the queue of the specified Event Dispatcher are lost. The destruction of the Event Dispatcher instance does not have any effect on any DAT Objects that originated an Event Stream that had fed events to the Event Dispatcher instance. There should be no event streams feeding the Event Dispatcher and no threads blocked on the Event Dispatcher when the EVD is being closed as at the time when it was created. Use of the handle of the destroyed Event Dispatcher in any consequent operation fails. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The evd_handle parameter is invalid DAT_INVALID_STATE Invalid parameter. There are Event Streams associated with the Event Dispatcher feeding it. USAGE
Consumers are advised to destroy all Objects that originate Event Streams that feed an instance of the Event Dispatcher before destroying it. An exception to this rule is Event Dispatchers of an IA. Freeing an IA automatically destroys all Objects associated with it directly and indirectly, including Event Dispatchers. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Jul 2004 dat_evd_free(3DAT)